thirty-five

season 9, episode 11 - the end is the beginning is the end

"HEY." ALLISON GREETED ONCE SHE WALKED INSIDE THE LOUNGE, Alex and Cristina were sitting on the table discussing about Jo Wilson, and how Alex seems to like her—but doesn't know it yet.

"Hey." Cristina greeted before turning her attention back on Alex, "I heard your girlfriend did a little panty dance in the kitchen this morning."

Allison gasped knowing who Cristina was talking about, "Jo was in the house this morning?"

"She's not my girlfriend." Alex rolled his eyes, as Allison joined them at the table with a cup of water in her hands. "Look, I know it's weird. She's hot and she's always around, but I don't even think of her like that. It'd be like one of you and I sleeping together."

"Ew." Cristina and Allison said at the same time, not wanting to think of that. They were immune to Alex Karev's charms.

"Did you hear your husband accidentally copped a feel?" Alex ignored the both of them as he looked at Cristina.

"He's not my husband." Cristina shook her head, "That's why he's sneaking in the crack of crack."

"You are a messed up broad." Allison shook her head, "But I still love you."

"Dr. Webber rejected my mother's cookies." Jackson sighed, tossing a tin of cookies onto the table in front of the group as he walked in. Bailey ran late to her wedding because she was saving Adele Webber's life—unfortunately she died that night, the surgery was too much for her.

"That sound dirty." Alex commented as he nodded.

"She's worried about him." Jackson ignored the comment with a small shake of his head, "She wants me to assess his mood. She thinks he's depressed."

"Well, his wife died a month ago." Allison spoke up, only for Jackson to ignore her, as she sighed.

"Isn't he supposed to be depressed?" Cristina asked, his wife died—it would be a surprise if he wasn't grieving.

"Of course, but, like normal depressed or too depressed?"

"I mean, he's fine. He's back at work." Cristina shrugged.

"But not operating." Allison pointed out, before taking a sip of her water.

"Maybe you should hold him." Alex suggested.

"And I'm done." Jackson sighed, as he got up from his chair, "Enjoy the cookies."

***

"Hey, where'd you get the cookies?" Meredith asked Cristina, once she and Allison joined her at the Nurse's station on the OR floor.

"Webber didn't want the pity cookies from his girlfriend about his dead wife." Cristina shrugged as she and Meredith took a cookie from the tin before setting it on the counter in front of April, "He's not operating, so Jackson's 'mommy' was worried. Whatever. These cookies are awesome."