twenty-nine

season 8, episode 24 - flight

THEY SAY WHEN YOU'RE CLOSE TO DEATH YOU SEE YOUR LIFE FLASH BEFORE YOUR EYES

THEY SAY WHEN YOU'RE CLOSE TO DEATH YOU SEE YOUR LIFE FLASH BEFORE YOUR EYES. Allison's life flashed before her eyes, the happy memories only, her first day as a intern, the day she passed her intern exam, conversations with Derek, the lunch break with her friends, and Jackson Avery, every single memory she shared with Jackson.

The distance screams of Arizona jolted Allison to open her eyes only for her to stare at the blue sky. Allison could feel the sun shine down on them. Using one hand to bring herself up, her eyes widened as she saw a piece of glass sticking out of her side.

Her eyes wandered before she saw a piece of clothing next to her, she grabbed it and wrapped it around her hand, before taking out the glass, her blood oozing out as she groaned at the pain before wrapping it with a shirt.

Allison looked around her surroundings, she saw pieces of clothing scattered everywhere, pieces of the plane, trees, dirt, blood. She saw Cristina helping Meredith up, as Arizona was laying down, a piece of the plane on top of her leg.

"W-Where's Derek and Lexie?" She heard Meredith ask.

"I don't...I don't know. I lost a shoe." Cristina stuttered. Allison glanced down to her feet and stared at Cristina's black sock.

Allison stood up making her way towards Meredith and Cristina. "What happened?"

"The plane crashed. That's what happened." Cristina yelled, looking over at the scattered pieces of the plane. "We were in a plane and it crashed. Plane crash."

"Where is Derek!" Meredith yelled as it echoed through the forest before facing her friend, "Cristina, where is Derek?"

"He was sucked out the side, when we hit the trees, and then the back of the plane came off. It came—it came off." Cristina yelled, freaking out.

"Lexie was in the back of the plane." Allison said as she felt dizzy.

"I-I looked to the back, and all I could see was freakin' sky." Cristina looked up.

Allison brought her hand behind her head as she felt liquid. Blood. It was the only explanation.

"Where is she?"

"I don't know!" Cristina yelled, "I only have one shoe!"

"Nobody cares about that!" Allison yelled at her, "We were in a freaking plane crash! And—and I'm bleeding!"

Arizona yells echoed until Cristina told her to shut up, causing her screams to quiet down. The tapping of sounds from the far distance caused everyone to look around.

"Do you hear—Do you hear that sound?" Meredith asked as she heard something, "Where is that sound coming from?"

"There." Arizona's pointed to the direction she heard the sound come from. "It's coming from over there."