fifty-seven

season 11, episode 8 - risk

LYING DOWN ON THE O.B. EXAMINATION TABLE, Allison's hand on top of her growing bump—she needs four months to go and can know the baby's gender but she decided to be surprised and Jackson had agreed with her. The door opened and a familiar resident walked inside and Allison brows raised in surprise, "Edwards?"

Stephanie nodded, slipping on a pair of gloves in her hands, when she signed up to do ultrasounds she didn't expect to do one on Allison Avery. The atmosphere quickly changed and Allison knew this was going to be awkward. "Hi."

"What are you doing here?" Allison questioned, confused.

"I am interested in fetal surgery, and Dr. Webber said that I could do some O.B. ultrasounds, so..."

"So, you're doing my ultrasound?" Allison questioned looking at the resident.

"Unless you don't want me to." Stephanie shook her head, causing Allison to shake her head.

"No, no, no, it's fine." Allison assured looking at her, "I just didn't want you to feel uncomfortable, I can request another doctor if you want—"

"No, it's fine." Stephanie assured, giving her a small smile.

"We're also doing the 3-D ultrasound, today." Allison informed as she lifted up her scrub top so Stephanie can have access to put the blue gel on her. Stephanie nodded putting the cold gel on top of her as Allison looked up at the ceiling, "We don't want to know the sex, so I'm not gonna look."

"I will do all of the looking." Stephanie assured, as she gently pressed the wand on top of her bump, looking at the screen, "All right, so there are the feet and his toes. He looks perfectly fine from the bottom."

"Yeah?" Allison smiled before the realization hit her, "Oh, my God. You said 'he'."

"No, I didn't." Stephanie shook her head.

"Yes, you did." Allison argued, freaking out knowing the gender of their baby, after convincing Jackson on letting the gender be a surprise. "I said I didn't want to know the sex."

Realization hit Stephanie as she let a small gasp escape her lips, "And you just said you didn't want to know the sex." Allison groaned as Stephenie apologized, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It was a rookie mistake."

"How's it looking in h—" Jackson smiled once he entered the room, before he cut himself up once he saw Stephanie doing the ultrasound, while Allison kept her face calm but inside she was freaking out."Hey. Stephanie. Why...?"

"I'm practicing." Stephanie answered his question, nodding as Allison had a tight smile on her face.

"Um, all right, well, just don't let her know the sex." Jackson informed her, while touching Allison's hair.

"No, she says our baby is looking so far so good." Allison tightly smiled, as Jackson looked at the computer smiling before staring at his wife.

"All right, well, I got surgeries most of the day, so I'm gonna miss our lunch." Jackson looked at Allison, who only nodded. "Torres might get one of our guys back up on his feet today, and I'm gonna miss that, too."