twenty

season 8, episode 2 - she's gone

"DID BAILEY PAGE ALL OF US 9-1-1?" ALLISON ASKED, as she reached the rest of the residents except Meredith, who was fired from the hospital due to messing with Derek's clinic trial, "Do you guys know why?"

"Who cares?" Cristina shrugged, "As long as it gets me away from Altman."

"She's gonna fire us, isn't she." April panicked, since there was a mix up in the O.R. because they didn't update the board.

The group of doctors walked inside the ER as they watched Bailey standing outside one of the trauma rooms waiting for the residents. Seeing there was a trauma, the residents quickly got a yellow trauma gown to put it on.

"She was pinned under her car, her leg was amputated in a pin of dirt, her abdomen is pulp, and her pelvis is probably crushed" Bailey explained as she pointed at all of the residents, "You will work together to asses her injuries and repair them."

"Oh, in the O.R.?" April asked.

"No, at the Jiffy Lube. Yes, in the O.R." Bailey said, "Now Dr. Torres will supervise your work, if you're killing her, she will step in. Otherwise you're on your own. Don't screw this up, like you screw everything else up you've touched lately" Bailey walked inside the room, "Ladies and gentlemen step away from the patient."

The residents quickly rushed inside the room speaking about who is going to do what.

"It's a pelvic fracture." Jackson sighed as he looked at the scan.

"And a comminuted femur fracture." Allison added, "Has anyone fully examined the stump?"

"Pneumopericardium and an enlarged cardiac shadow." Cristina announced, "She needs a chest tube and a C.T."

"Free fluid. She needs the O.R." Alex argued as he did an ultrasound.

"An embolization and angio would help stabilize the pelvic bleeding." April suggested.

"An angio's just gonna slow us down." Allison shot down the idea.

"We could pack her in the O.R." Jackson cut in.

"Call the O.R. Tell them to prep for an emergent laparotomy" Alex yelled out to a nurse.

"Hello? A C.T." Cristina reminded everyone as Allison kept her focused on the patient, while the others argued on where to start.

"Hello! She's crashing!" Allison yelled as the monitor began to beep rapidly.

"Still want to take her to radiology?" Alex asked, "Maybe wait for a little while till the machine's free."

"Is somebody gonna call the O.R.?" Jackson asked as he looked around.

***