fifty-one

season 10, episode 20 - go it alone

"ALLIE, I NEED YOU TO DO ME A FAVOR." DEREK SAID, stepping inside the attending's lounge finding Allison to put on her jacket, getting ready to leave the hospital. Allison nodded at her best friend, for him to continue. "I have a Hippocampectomy and I have to lecture the residents about it."

"And you want me to do it?" Allison asked, getting ready to take off her jacket and back into her scrubs.

"No, no." Derek spoke before she changed into her scrubs, "I need you to pick up my kids from daycare."

"Derek, I could—"

"No, I told Hunt I'm going to do it, and you already pulled an overnight shift yesterday." Derek looked at her.

"Okay." Allison nodded, "You so owe me."

Allison made her way to the daycare, the nurse gave Zola and Bailey to the neurosurgeon since they got a list of people the daycare should trust with the doctor's list and Allison was on Meredith and Derek's list.

"Hey, Zozo." Allison greeted her with a small smile, "Your dad and mom are busy tonight so you're going to stay with Aunt Allie, is that okay with you?"

Zola looked up at her aunt and slightly nodded, before greeting her with a hug. Zola later went on to grab her stuff from her assigned cubby before making her way to Allison. The nurse handed off Bailey to Allison with his baby bag and stroller. The Avery doctor thanked the nurse, before putting Bailey in the stroller and held out her hand for Zola to take.

Once Allison exited the hospital, she made sure the kids were safely seated inside the car. She opened her car door and slid inside the driver seat. Putting the key inside the engine, she quickly turned her head to make sure they were all buckled up before reversing the car, getting out of the parking lot, before she drove the car home.

"Okay, Zozo, we're here." Allison informed the girl, as she opened her apartment door, Zola entering first. Zola politely put her bag on the coach while Allison lifted Bailey—who was now widely awake. "So, luckily your dad told me he made sure you guys were cleaned and bathed in the morning, so all we have to do is change."

Zola nodded, pointing to her bag, "Aunt Allie."

Allison walked over to her bag and helped her take out her clothes out of the bag. The two girls, Bailey on Allison's hip made their way to the bedroom so Zola could change.

Once Zola was done, Allison filled up a glass of milk which Zola gladly drank. Allison looked at the time and decided it was time for bed for the eldest Shepherd.

Zola fell asleep in their guest room, meanwhile Bailey was wide awake causing Allison to put him on the baby carrier while she cleaned up the apartment.

The sound of keys dangling and the door closing brought Allison out of her trance with the baby. Allison heard Jackson drop his keys to the bowl by the door. Jackson appeared by the doorway, and raised a brow at Allison.