thirteen

season 7, episode 9 - slow night, so long

ALLISON GROANED AS SHE OPENED HER EYES WANTING NOTHING MORE THAN SLEEP

ALLISON GROANED AS SHE OPENED HER EYES WANTING NOTHING MORE THAN SLEEP. Having to be downstairs, she wasn't able to listen to Jackson screams coming from his room, luckily Lexie, who was on her way to the bathroom heard him as she tried to calm him down.

"Stop." Lexie told a screaming Jackson, shaking his legs for him to wake up. Another yell making her hit his leg, "Jackson!"

"Aah!" Jackson woke up, as he lifted himself, "What?"

"Stop. Stop." Lexie placed her hands in front of her, "I'm sorry, but you need to take something."

"Allie?" Jackson looked around for Allison, who usually slept in his bed once he had nightmares, "Charles? Where's Charles? Charles? And Allie?"

Lexie frowned her eyebrows. "It's Lexie. Wake up."

Meanwhile, Allison sipped on her mug as Derek walked inside, closing the front entrance door behind him.

"Hey." Allison smiled at him as she put her mug down, walking towards him, wanting to know the news. "Did you get the grant?" Derek shook his head and looked down, making Allison's face fall, "Oh."

Derek chuckled at Allison's face as he smiled and nodded, "I got the grant."

"You jerk!" Allison smacked his shoulder, "Holy shit! You got the grant!" She smiled as she hugged him tightly, "I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you, Allie." Derek smiled,

Once they pulled away Allison nodded, "Maybe I could help out with the clinical testing. "

"Maybe." Derek said to her, "I'm going to tell Meredith. Good luck on the night shift."

Allison waved him off as she walked back to the kitchen to finish her drink.

***

Allison and the rest of the residents made their way out of the elevators as she yawned.

"Allie!" Mark yelled at her making her jump at the sound of his voice, "Was that a yawn?"

"Yes." Allison tiredly said.

"Don't tell us that you're tired after getting sleep all day." Teddy said, not believing that the residents are tired.

"It's not easy as it sounds." Allison defended herself. She had trouble going to sleep, so she went to Jacksons room to find him sleeping so she slept next to him—it was their routine sometimes Jackson would go to her room or she would go to his, to stop his nightmares.

"Not easy?" Bailey scoffed, "When I was a resident, I actually worked for a living. I did every other night call for five years."

"There were days that I didn't go home for seventy-two hours." Stark added, "I loved it."