fifty-eight

season 11, episode 9 - where do we go from here?

A MILLION THOUGHTS WERE FILED INSIDE JACKSON'S head when Stephanie finally told him the truth about his child but the first thing that came up was, how does he tell his wife about their baby—their child who doesn't have a chance in the world

A MILLION THOUGHTS WERE FILED INSIDE JACKSON'S head when Stephanie finally told him the truth about his child but the first thing that came up was, how does he tell his wife about their baby—their child who doesn't have a chance in the world. Walking inside the storage room where Allison paged him, his eyes found her's and he looked down at her features, she had a smile on her face as she greeted him with a kiss. The two of them having news for one another—life changing news.

Allison couldn't wait to have a little Jackson running around their apartment. Her arms were wrapped around his neck. She grinned, "Our baby—"

"—has no brain." Jackson said, interrupting her. Allison quickly pulled away, her smile was now long gone. She looked into his eyes that held the truth, and she knew he wasn't lying but she didn't want to believe him and she shook her head. There are five stages of grief and Allison is feeling the first one—denial.

The events unfolded quickly, one minute she's there right in front of him ready to tell him that they were going to have a baby boy and the next she quickly left wanting to be anywhere but there. Jackson called out for her but she just ignored him.

Jackson was on the second stage of grief--anger. He punched the table and shoved the things on top of the surface that quickly landed on the floor.

***

Work was the only thing distracting her, she spent the night at the hospital in an on-call room as she and Amelia looked at Dr. Herman's scans with Arizona in the room. Allison held her phone in her ear as she talked to Derek over the phone waiting by the Nurse's station for Amelia and Arizona.

"What do you mean you left?" Allison semi-yelled at him. Apparently, he made a rash decision and left for D.C. to take the position. "What about Meredith and the kids?"

"We had a fight. I made a decision." Derek said over the phone, remembering the events that happened the other night.

"A rash decision, Derek. You made a rash decision." Allison stated, she noticed Arizona and Amelia walking down the stairs, "I have to go. I'll text you later."

Allison walked towards the two doctors and heard Amelia tell Arizona about needing more scans for Dr. Hermans to get to know the tumor better and to draw the measurements and trajectories.

Allison looked over at the blonde surgeon, "When can we talk about her previous doctors?"

Arizona looked at the two neurosurgeons beside her, "Um, well, as soon as I talk to Dr. Herman."

"Great. When are you going to do that?" Allison could see the panic look on Arizona's face, causing her to hold onto her, while Amelia did the same on Arizona's other side.