twelve

season 7, episode 6 - these arms of mine

STARTING OVER WAS THE WORST IDEA ALLISON CARTER SHOULD'VE SUGGESTED

STARTING OVER WAS THE WORST IDEA ALLISON CARTER SHOULD'VE SUGGESTED. She's been on edge, she knew she still had feelings for Jackson but she didn't know if he had feelings for her or else they would've reconnected as lovers and not friends. On the other hand she also felt like it was a good idea, six years could change someone so it's better to get to know the new Jackson Avery and not the one she knew six years ago.

Allison Carter was conflicted. She was ready to go to work, the problem was the necklace, she didn't know if she should wear it. The necklace rested on her neck, where it usually was but now that they are starting over she was conflicted on wether to wear it or keep it in her drawer.

She took the latter, taking it off she felt like a different person. He wasn't hers, and she wasn't his. This is what it meant to start over, to be friends. No keeping any emotional attachments from their past.

***

"The camera man is right there." Allison bumped Alex as she eyed the man holding the camera. The doctors are being filmed today to show their recovery months after the hospital shooting.

Alex and Allison walked towards the camera man knowing it's their turn to be filmed. Both residents being under Peds service.

"It's uh 7:00am. We've been here for two hours." Alex explains, grabbing a chart from the nurse.

DR. ALEX KAREV
SURGICAL RESIDENT

"Our interns, they get here before that, they usually check on the patients and report it back to us." Allison nodded as they continue to walk down the peds hallways. "Before we check on the patients and then report it back to our attending."

DR. ALLISON CARTER
SURGICAL RESIDENT

'Fire and Rain' by Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas could be heard from the hallways as Alex stood in the doorway of Lily's room. "Lily, I told you already turn it down or put in headphones. The rest of us don't have Bieber fever, whatever that is."

Allison chuckled, "That was not Justin Bieber."

The camera faces both of the residents, who came to a stop in one of the nurses stations. "How have I've changed since the shooting?" Alex repeated the question before he shrugged, "I don't know."

The camera man pointed the camera at Allison who shrugged as well, "Uh I don't know."

Alex lifted up his shirt, "I got this." He said showing his bullet wound where he got shot

***

"Did Dr. Karev say it wasn't because of the kids?" Allison asked the camera man, "It is because of the kids, he just doesn't want to admit it."