sixty-one

61 | extra - goodbye

HAVING A BABY IS SUPPOSED TO BE ONE OF the happiest moments of every parents life

HAVING A BABY IS SUPPOSED TO BE ONE OF the happiest moments of every parents life. Allison never believed that when she fell pregnant she would lose her baby the same day, he would be born. When her water broke she soon felt the contractions hit her.

Jackson immediately paged Dr. Martinez and wheeled Allison to the O.B. floor the parents getting ready to meet their son and say goodbye.

Allison wasn't ready, she wasn't ready to say goodbye, she wasn't ready to cry and grieve her baby boy. She wanted him to be healthy, to bring him home, to have him grow up and have a healthy life.

Jackson wasn't ready, he wasn't ready to see his son and say goodbye. He wasn't ready to grieve, he wasn't ready to see his wife grieve and waddle in sadness.

"Pa—Page Alex and Meredith, they need to—they're going to need to wait so they could operate on Mark." Allison softly told her husband, once she was inside her birthing suite. She shook her head, "I should've told Derek. I should have told him, Jackson."

"He knows." Jackson revealed, holding her hand, "I called him last night."

"Yeah?" Allison cried. Jackson nodded his head, caressing Allison's hair softly.

***

The E.R. was filled due to the earthquake that hit Seattle, news about Allison giving birth hit the hospital. Bailey was the first one to gather with Owen, "H-How are Allison and Jackson?"

Owen sighed, looking around the E.R., "No word."

Callie joined the group she looked at the two of them, "What are we gonna do for them?"

"Flowers?" Ben suggested but frowned his eyebrows, "No, that's weird."

"What else can we do for them?" Callie asked.

"Do for who?" Alex asked, joining the group with Jo beside him. He hasn't gotten news about his close friend being in labor.

"Allison and Jackson."

"What?" Alex frowned his eyebrows, looking around the room, "What's happening?"

"Allison is about to give birth." Owen informed him. Alex's eyes went wide bringing out his phone to text Meredith.

"Crap, we didn't even tell Shepherd." Alex walked away knowing he and Meredith had to prepare to donate the organs with Dr. Martinez.

***

The doctors at Grey-Sloan stood outside the birthing suit waiting for the time they needed to take Allison's baby away from her. April sat on of the chairs letting her tears flow, feeling sorry for her friends. Alex sat in a chair, his leg bouncing up and down in worry as they heard Allison's cries.