twenty-two

season 8, episode 5 - love, loss and legacy

COFFEE. THE DRINK EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET THE ENERGY FOR THE DAY. Allison went to the coffee shop near the hospital to grab one to start of her day, she went to the counter to order a coffee to go.

Once they called out her name she grabbed her coffee hurrying to get to the hospital so she wouldn't be late, but the day had other plans. Allison bumped into someone causing her to drop her phone.

"Oh crap, I'm so sorry." A voice spoke up causing Allison to shake her head as she leaned down to grab her phone, the person had the same idea making their heads bump into one another, "I'm sorry. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Allison responded, as the person grabbed her phone and handed it to her, "Thank you..."

"Micheal. Micheal Rivers." He said, seeing as she was finding for a name.

"Thank you, Micheal." Allison nodded.

"No problem, Allison." Micheal nodded, causing Allison to raise a brow since she didn't tell him her name. Noticing his slip up Micheal looked at the coffee in her hand. "Uh your name is on the cup."

"Right." Allison said as she was getting ready to leave noticing the time. She sent him a small nod before making her way to the door and getting ready to leave the hospital.

***

"I can't believe Altman postponed our surgery for grand rounds." Cristina complained as she, Meredith, Alex and Allison took their seats in front of Jackson and April. "It's just a boring lecture."

"Your husband said it was mandatory." Meredith reminded her, as Allison nodded.

"One more hour of sleep, that's what is." Alex balled up his lab coat as a makeshift pillow.

"Oou." Allison eyes brightened, "Let me use you as a pillow."

Alex shook his head, "No, ask Meredith."

Allison glared at him before she turned away to face the front.

"It's not gonna be boring." April assured the four of them, "This is Jackson's mother, Catherine Avery."

Allison eyes widened at the mention of her ex-fiancee mother. "What?!" She whispered shouted as she turned around to face Jackson, "Your mother is in town and you didn't think a little heads up would be helpful?"

"She's a urologist, right?" Meredith asked before Allison could argue with Jackson, seeing the murderous glare she sent his way, making Jackson sink deeper into his chair.

"Yeah, and she hates my guts." Allison groaned wanting nothing more than to disappear.

"I met her when I was an intern at Mercy West. She's amazing." April praised Catherine Avery, making Allison snort as she rolled her eyes.