sixteen

season 7, episode 17 - this is how we do it

"I HAVE TO GRAB MY CARDIGAN SWEATER AND THEN WE CAN GO

"I HAVE TO GRAB MY CARDIGAN SWEATER AND THEN WE CAN GO." Allison informed April who only nodded in response. Allison opened the door to the laundry room only to see Lexie on the machine with Jackson kissing her. "Oh—I—"

Allison quickly turned around as she went to the kitchen. April saw her mood change as she poured herself coffee on her to go bottle.

"A-Are you okay?" April asked her, she just shook her head.

"I need to get out of here." She said quickly, making her way to leave without her favorite cardigan sweater.

***

Since Meredith already took her day for the trial it was Allison's turn—and she was glad because today she needed a distraction and the trial is a perfect distraction.

"Ah. Sonya. You ready for the big day?" Derek spoke up, once he entered the room.

"You bet." Sonya responded as she comfortably sat in the bed. "Try to shave as little of my head as possible, it's hard enough dating with Alzheimer's. I can't be bald too."

"I promise." Derek said, "You must be Tarik. Congratulations on the marathon by the way."

Tarik looked over at her mother, "You did not."

Sonya shrugged, "He's not like other doctors. He's actually interested in his patients."

"Yeah, I heard just moved back from London."

"Yeah, I came as soon as you accepted us into the trial. I can't thank you enough." Tarik thanked Derek as he held his mother's hand.

"I'm glad you're here." Derek nodded, "All right, I'm gonna let Dr. Carter get on with her work, and I'll see you in a little bit."

Allison smiled at Derek as he was leaving before she walked over to Sonya and Tarik. "Mrs. Amin, I'm going to say three words to you and ask you to repeat them back to me later. Truck. Cabin. Spoon."

Sonya nodded, "Truck. Cabin. Spoon."

"What did you do for thanksgiving last year?"

"Oh! I was in London visiting Tarik." Sonya nodded as she smiled at her son. Allison looked over at Tarik for confirmation. Tarik shook his head. "What? Why? Is that wrong?"

"Last year, you were at the Simmons' remember?"

"No. I was with you and Gavin in London." Sonya denied. "I have that picture outside the palace."