fifty-three

season 10, episode 23 - everything i try to do, nothing seems to turn out right

"HOW IS D.C.?" ALLISON ASKED DEREK, the two having their daily face time during the mornings after he had finished talking to Meredith. Derek was back in Washington, D.C. for a meeting about the project he's working with the government.

"It's great, you should come next time so we could spend some quality time together." Derek nodded, just as Allison took a sip of her coffee, "We haven't done that in a long time."

"Believe me, I would love to but we're just so busy. You with going back and forth from Seattle and D.C. for meetings, and me covering your service." Allison told him as she walked down the hospital hallway towards the attendings lounge.

"Don't forget the fact that you're still afraid of planes." Derek pointed out. It's true ever since the plane crash when they went to Boise, Allison hasn't stepped foot in another plane.

"I am not." Allison lied, narrowing her eyes at him.

"Are, too."

Allison made her way to sit down on the couch inside the lounge, holding up the phone in her hand so Derek could see her face, "Alright, so I have news."

"Let me guess, you're pregnant." Derek said, folding his arms as they rested on the table.

Allison narrowed her eyes, "How did you know?"

"I am your best friend, I know you. Plus, you've been eating a lot and you're emotional everyday." Derek pointed out, "I was also guessing."

"You're going to be Uncle Derek." Allison smiled at the screen.

"I'm going to be Uncle Derek." He grinned.

***

The Avery's had another check-up appointment with Dr. Matthews to make sure they're baby is fine. The two are ecstatic to become parents, although they have their own shares of being worried of not being amazing parents. Allison didn't grow up with any parents half of her life, but was raised by an Aunt who could care less about her. While Jackson was scared of becoming a bad father, he never had a father-figure to look up to.

The two exited the O.B. room, with another sonogram picture in Allison's hands. "Look at this cute little fetus."

"We aren't telling anyone after the first trimester." Jackson reminded her, the two eager to let their friends know.

"Two more weeks." Allison said, although she told Derek, Jackson didn't mind since he told April. The two came to an agreement that they could tell one person of their choice, which is why the two chose their best friends. "Also, you have to tell your mom and you're going to figure out how to do that."

***

Allison walked towards her friends in the main lobby, as she noticed Meredith holding two different containers filled with some food. "Hey, guys."