twenty-one

season 8, episode 3 - take the lead

"IS IT UP YET?" ALLISON ASKED AS SHE AND ALEX JOINED MEREDITH AND CRISTINA

"Not yet." They both shook their heads.

"Have you heard about Zola?" Alex asked Meredith. Everyone was checking up on Meredith and Derek about Zola, since she was taken because the agency had some thinking to do with everything that went down with Meredith.

"I haven't heard anything." Meredith sighed as she shook her head.

Today was the day all the fifth year residents would be taking over surgeries as the attendings observe, everyone was anxious to see which O.R. they would be getting. Allison was going to clip her first aneurysum today.

"Hey, it it up yet?" Cristina asked April and Jackson as they both caught up to them.

"It's going up now." April informed them, as they made their way to the board.

"Have you heard anything?"

"Haven't heard anything." She told him the same thing she told the rest of the doctors.

"How are you even here?" April asked, and Allison couldn't help but agree—mentally. If her baby was taken away she wouldn't be able to function yet alone work, but Meredith Grey was a different breed.

"Well, there's nothing I can do, and I have to do something, so I might as well do this." Meredith shrugged.

"It's up." Allison pointed at the board where the scrub nurse was putting the final touches.

"O.R. three. Yes!' Cristina grinned happily before she faced the group, "I love O.R. three."

"Wait. Bowel resection?" April frowned seeing the procedure Alex was assigned, "I thought you had a peds case."

"I switched last minute." Alex shrugged.

"You can't just switch." April glared at him, not happy about the change in plans.

"Oh, plastics." Cristina mused as she saw the procedure Jackson was doing, "I thought you were the gunther. Wasting all your capital on boob jobs, huh?"

"It's a cleft lip." Jackson corrected her, "I'm changing a kid's life today. Look at Kepner, she's fixing a bum knee, way to shoot for the stars kid."

"Okay guys." April spoke to the group, "You also start teaching skills lab today. I made up a schedule for the month. It's up in the board in my office."

They all looked at April as Meredith voiced what they were all thinking, "In your what?"

They all immediately headed to April's office. April opened the door for the group as they all entered, "When did we get this?" Cristina asked.

"Uh, we didn't." April shook her head, "It's for the Chief Resident."

"This is good. I can sleep on this." Alex laid himself down on April's couch.