forty-four

season 10, episode 4 - puffin' on the ritz

WHEN ALLISON ARRIVED AT THE GALA, SHE GRABBED a glass of champagne before walking around the venue, ready to impress the people so they could donate money to the hospital

WHEN ALLISON ARRIVED AT THE GALA, SHE GRABBED a glass of champagne before walking around the venue, ready to impress the people so they could donate money to the hospital. After a conversation with someone, Allison walked up to Cristina and Meredith the same exact time Owen did.

"We are in trouble." Owen stated, "Avery bet the farm on this party."

"I just want to be home." Allison groaned, "I can't impress people. I suck at that."

"Listen to you three." Cristina rolled her eyes at her friends, "This is not that difficult. Just be charming. Use the same skills you would if you were picking someone up at a bar." She looked at Meredith, knowing that's how she met Derek, "I know you know how to do that." She looked at Owen, "And you need to practice if we're gonna get serious about meeting new people."

Owen sighed, "You need to let that go."

"Ooh." Cristina hummed, "Richie rich, ten o'clock."

***

Allison decided to charm the man by flirting with him, asking questions that she didn't really care about. She used her charm by smiling and talking all about the wanders of Neurosurgery and the hospital.

"Where can we put our donation?" The man asked her, pulling out his check book.

Allison smiled, "By that box under the stairs." She pointed at the box. The man began to walk off as she thanked him.

After talking to more people, Jackson began his speech when one of the entertainers fell and got injured. Ari, the party planner who planned the gala made her way over there when the entertainer fell down on her.

The doctors gathered as they waited on the paramedics to come, and once they did Owen and Callie left to attend them, leaving the rest of the doctors at the gala, to continue to raise money.

Allison shared her idea with Jackson—although its awkward between them, they both decided to not let it affect work.

The party was dying down after the accident. There they were both of them leading the people to the gallery above the O.R. where Callie and Owen were operating.

"Okay." Allison smiled as she pressed the button to speak to Callie and Owen down the O.R. "Uh, Doctors, we have visitors."

"Now if you'll notice the pins that Dr. Torres is drilling into place—that is the external fixation I was telling you about."

One of the people in the crowd looked at the doctors beside them, "Are—Are we allowed to be here?"

Allison nodded, "Yes, we spoke with Irina's husband. He said that if there's one thing she believes in, it's that the show must go on. Now we showed you guys a circus tonight, but this—-" Allison gestured down the gallery, "This is the real show. This is what we do here."