twenty-eight

season 8, episode 23 - migration

THE ATTENDING'S ALL GATHERED IN THE CONFERENCE ROOM, having a discussion about where the fifth year residents are going to do their fellowship, if they are going stay at Seattle Grace or move to one of their fellow offers from different hospitals

"Where are we with Avery?" Owen asked Mark, seeing as every fifth year resident's name is written on the board.

"Holding offers from U.S.C. , Penn, Tulane and Emory." Mark told him, "Tulane and Emory are in love. They want him bad."

"Grey?"

"Uh still between Boston and Seattle." Derek looked up at Owen who let out a sigh.

"If I'm gonna lose one of my talented residents and my top Neurosurgeon, I'd love a decision sooner than later." Owen informed Derek.

Derek closed the blue folder on the desk, "You and me both, Hunt."

"Carter?"

"Still between UCLA and Seattle. Although, there's holding offers in New York Presbysterian and Mayo Clinic." Derek nodded.

Owen nodded as he turned around writing the hospitals names under Allison's name. "Uh Yang?"

Mark looked at Owen, "Well, she didn't tell you?"

"Uh, Stanford and Columbia are playing hardball. But I'm confident we're still in the mix." Teddy answered before they could get on the topic why Owen didn't know where his wife was going to do her fellowship.

"Well, Karev is staying." Arizona happily announced.

Owen sighed in relief, as he added a checkmark next to Alex's last name. "If we are out this many surgeons, I'm gonna need to hire now, so let's get answers from our people as soon as possible. Thank you." The attending's began to stand up and pack their folders as Owen spoke up again, "And let's not forget that we've agreed to assist Boise Memorial with their conjoined twin surgery, so make sure your teams are ready to leave from the lobby no later than 10:00 tomorrow night."

***

After a night of partying to celebrate passing the boards, and April drinking the night away, the residents are back to doing rounds and deciding where they are going to go for their fellowship.

Cristina and Allison are walking down the hospital hallway when Meredith caught up to them, "I made a decision."

"You have?" Allison asked, seeing as Meredith was deciding whether to stay in Seattle or move to Boston.

"You're going to Stanford and Allie here is going to UCLA." Meredith nodded, as she walked beside them.

"Oh, you made the decision for us."

"There's no way you're going to Columbia and Allie, Mayo's in Minnesota. Please." Meredith said, "And since we're staying here, Stanford's only a couple hours away and so is UCLA. You both could come up, and I'll bring Zola down, we can get drunk on the weekends." Meredith realized what she said, "Okay, well maybe I shouldn't bring Zola, and maybe Allie could come up here and hang out with Derek."