twenty-seven

season 8, episode 21 - moment of truth
season 8, episode 22 - let the bad times roll

"YOU GOT EVERYTHING?" DEREK ASKED THROUGH THE PHONE, seeing as he went to go check on Zola while the residents and their mentors stood outside so they could catch the bus that would take them to the airport for their Boards in San Francisco

"Yes, Derek." Allison assured, "Except a good luck hug from my best friend."

"I'm sorry." Derek apologized, "The daycare paged me for Zola."

"Don't apologize, Zola comes first." Allison assured him, "I'm nervous, I think I'm going to throw up. What if I don't pass?"

"You're ready." Derek said, "Now get on the bus and make me proud, Allison Carter."

"Okay." Allison smiled, "I got this."

***

Allison walked in between Jackson and Alex as Meredith, Cristina and April caught up to them.

"Ow!" April yelled as someone accidentally bumped into her and the group got to the lobby and decided to sit down. April conversed with the man some more before he scoffed and walked away. April made her way to the group, "Well, he hates me." She sighed and sat down on one of the lobby chairs.

Alex laughed, "How do you do that? You've been here, like, two minutes."

April looked at the floor, "My examiner is gonna hate me too, instantly."

"No, they won't." Allison assured her, while Cristina looked at her,

"Don't psych yourself out."

"One in five people fail the boards." April mentioned as she shook her head.

"Fine." Cristina shrugged, "Psych yourself out."

"It's just a test." Jackson assured April, "We've all dealt with worse. No one's bleeding out on your table. We will be fine."

Meredith got up and brushed her hand on Cristina's arm as she walked away, "Cristina."

Cristina and Meredith walked away and the rest of the group talked about the Boards but stopped when April got up as she approached the other two, "So you guys wanna go register and then go get some lunch?"

Meredith inhaled and turned her body to the side as she threw up causing April smile to drop as she looked concerned for Meredith, while Allison looked away.

"Wh—Uh, what just happened?" April asked, looking at Cristina.

"Is she okay?" Allison asked.

"Stomach flu." Cristina answered.

***

"Zola has the stomach flu and you didn't say anything?" Jackson questioned, looking at Meredith.