Battle against Mabeasts

Mamoru:...bitch....

He muttered that word to himself, but Subaru heard it and flicked him on the back of his head without Rem noticing.

And shockingly, Subaru casually approaches the kids with a smile on his face, despite the fact that Meili is there.

He started to introduce himself like he always does, amusing the kids.

Rem: I'll go find the stuff we need to bring back while Subaru-kun talks those kids.

Mamoru: Ah...sure...

She walked away from Mamoru, towards the village chief to find the stuff they need to get.

Also, Mamoru had been ignoring the conversation between the kids and Subaru, but then saw one of the kids pointing at him.

Kid 1: Who is that?

Subaru: Oh, him? He's well....kinda my...

Mamoru: Son, i'm his son.

Kid 2: Wha? You look a bit young to be a Father, mister.

Subaru: That may or may not be true, but he is my son....i guess.

Mamoru: "I guess"? You should know that by now, Father.

Mamoru then turned around, not bothered talking about this to some children.....but, he did take note of something. Meili was looking at him with confusion present on her face.

Subaru was still talking to those kids normally, even to Meili! Subaru was trying to not agitate Meili to take any action just yet.

After a while, he felt someone tug the back of his outfit.

He turned around and saw that it was Meili.

Mamoru: Hk-

He looked towards Subaru, who had a pleading expression to not do anything yet.

Mamoru:....Yea? What do you want?

It was on accident, but Mamoru's voice had a lot more hostility than he intended.

Meili flinched at this, probably not because she actually got scared, but because she was still playing the act of the cute, shy girl.

Kid 1: Uwah, he's scary.

Kid 2: Spooky.

Kid 3: Subaru is a lot nicer than him.

Meili: U-um...Over there....

She pointed towards a fence.

Subaru: [That's where the dog is, right?]

Mamoru: [I think so......Hey, mind taking some of the other kids somewhere else? I wanna talk to Meili myself.]

Subaru: [....Don't hurt her in any kind of way. Kay?]

Mamoru: [I know that much.]

Subaru: H-Hey! I got an idea. Come over here for a second.

All of the kids followed Subaru, leaving Mamoru and Meili alone.

She was about to follow them, but Mamoru grabbed her shoulder and said.

Mamoru: Hey, you wanted to show me something by that fence, right?

She looked at Mamoru for a few seconds until nodding.

They walked over to the fence, and after a few seconds a small puppy with a bald spot appears and walks up to Meili and she picks him up.

Mamoru: (Heh, i woooonder why that dog is soooo nice to Meili. *sarcasm*)