The Truth

Subaru: Eeehhh?! Rem?! What are you doing here?!

Subaru was completely ignored by Rem and Mamoru as they glared daggers at eachother.

Rem: And what should I be satisfied by, Witch's child?

There was a long silence as no one around them knew what to say, but Subaru did start to get nervous as he heard what Rem had called Mamoru.

Mamoru scoffed as he crossed his arms.

Mamoru: You're going to start with that again? Your lack of names to call me is a bit disappointing.

Mamoru sighed as he uncrossed his arms and stood up to look down at Rem.

Mamoru: But what should you be satisfied by, eh? Well, father is helping Garfiel overcome his fear of the outside, so something like that, I guess.

Rem: Whether I'm satisfied by this or not isn't relevant right now.

Mamoru raised his eyebrow as he smirked slightly.

Mamoru: Oh? And what is relevant right now then?

Rem: Are you or are you not the child of the Witch?

The silence that followed felt suffocating, no one said anything as everyone stared at Mamoru in silence.

Mamoru looked a bit frustrated as he dragged his hand over his face in annoyance.

Mamoru: Whether I am or not, what does that matter?

Rem looked shocked at the question, but she quickly narrowed her eyes. Wasn't it obvious? The Witch of Envy is the greatest evil in the world, so if she had a child that was free...Then only disaster could come.

Rem: Excuse me?

Mamoru: No, you're not excused. I'm asking you what does it matter if i'm a child of the Witch or the child of Volcanica?

This statement seemed to make Rem more annoyed rather than calming her down, Subaru was starting to get worried that Rem might do something rash.

But before Rem could respond, a voice interupted her.

Otto: Um...Out of curiosity, what makes you think that Mamoru-san here is a "child of the Witch"?

Rem didn't even glance at Otto as she glared at Mamoru with her guard up, but it was clear that she was listening to him.

Rem: Roswaal-sama said so. Frankly, If none of you were here, then I would have already executed this devil.

Out of all of them, Ram seemed most surprised at her sister's behaviour, she knew that she could be ruthless and quick to act on impulse, but this was taking it way too far.

Subaru coughed slightly to get Rem's attention, it was really unfortunate that this Rem wasn't the same as his Rem, but he'll continue trying to get their relationship back to how it used to be, atleast somewhat. For now he'll need to be careful about what he says.

Subaru: Not to be mean or anything Rem...But your sister is currently opposed to Roswaal's goals.

Ram: I'm not opposed to Roswaal-sama's goals. I'm simply helping him by changing them.

Mamoru boredly glanced at Ram with one of his eyebrows raised in confusion.

Mamoru: That's the same thing though?

Rem stood frozen for a moment, before she opened her mouth to say something once again.

Rem: Natsuki Mamoru, I am asking you whether you are or are not the Witch's chi-