Potential Consequences

Third person P.O.V

Priscilla: Is this it? Frozen faces when we meet? Even after causing such a disturbingly loud mess? If so, that's just pitiful.

Priscilla frowned as she looked throughout the room and spoke in a provocative tone while fanning her face.

Due to her abrupt debut, no one was able to rebut her insults.

Priscilla: What a poor reception. I deliberately graced this place with mine presence. Placing your forehead on the floor and treating me with admiration and praise is what the correct reaction would be.

Mamoru: That's only if you were a god, which you are not. In any case, could you leave? I was busy with something here...

Hearing him, Priscilla turned to look at him, trapping Mamoru with her bright gaze. Not that he seemed to care about that.

Priscilla:...Who are you? I had heard that this would be a gathering of fools who know not their place and would compete for the throne. Of course, they would also bring fools who support them. But why is a vulgar commoner like yourself present?

Despite the insult, Mamoru didn't look offended. He just looked more or less annoyed with Priscilla's... Well, existence.

Mamoru: Killed and captured two Sin Archbishops. So that's two more than you. I don't really see how you're more important than me, actually.

The arrogant princess chuckled to herself, like when one hears an amusing joke.

Priscilla: I am a canditate to the throne of Lugunica and your future king. It's obvious that I am far more important than a mere commoner like you. That much should be obvious.

Mamoru:...Really? Last time I checked, there is five of you canditates. Do you want to know how I see it?

Gently pushing Subaru and Iris off of him, Mamoru fully stood up and dusted himself off before turning to Priscilla with a grin.

Mamoru: You lot are expendable. If you were to die, there'd be four others to take your place. You can't really be special when there are four others just like you.

Priscilla's eyes narrowed. Mamoru's words didn't seem to amuse her this time as they glared at one another. The princess stuck out her arm, as if she was about to grab something.

Priscilla: How foolish. I am obviously the best canditate, losing me would be the same as this country losing it's chance at survival. Your idioticy must be puni--

???: Princess, that's a bit much, isn't it? Although I don't know how strong he really is, picking a fight with him here might not be the best idea.

A thin voice cut across the heavy atmosphere.

That voice was a little hesitant, and was accompanied by the sound of metal. A man with a single arm spoke soothing words as he entered from the corridor to join Priscilla's side.

His face was entirely covered by a helmet, and his solid, broad physique gave the impression that he was a strong man. He was both a servant to Priscilla and, like Subaru, a summoned man from another world.

And, of course, he had accompanied his master here. He inserted himself between Priscilla and Mamoru.

Al: Remember me?

Mamoru:...It's a bit hard to forget a guy that's similar to my dad.

Al turned back and spoke to Priscilla directly.

Al: Don't you remember? He's the kid that killed Sloth along with capturing Gluttony, or one of them, apparantly. In terms of value, he's worth plenty.

Priscilla: I see no value in him. He is nothing more than a mere commoner. By the way Al, don't interupt me next time. I won't hesitate to cut off your head.