Birth of Lust

Mamoru P.O.V

...

...

Where the fuck am I?

The last thing I remember, aside from the horrifying pain, was the fact that I was inside the City Hall.

So why am I...In wherever I am right now? Actually, this place feels kind of familiar...but not exactly?

The feeling is like coming back to a building you've been in before that has been renovated since the last time you've been there. It looks different, but there are obviously still similarities to how it appeared before.

Wait....

I walked down the hall and looked out of one of the large and clearly expensive windows of the building I was in...

The Capital of Lugunica?

How the fuck did I get here?

And why am I in the royal castle? The last time I was here was for the crappy ceremony for the beginning of the royal election. Not that it matters much, the question of how and when I got here is far more important. I was in Priestella, it would take days to get back here.

Did I fall unconcious for so long that the fight against the cult was over AND they had enough time to take me to the capital?

But why would anyone take me here if I needed medical attention? Even if somehow I had to be anywhere but Priestella, there were still cities and villages closer that could have been used...

.....

I swear, if they dragged me here just to make sure that I explained my Authorities to them, I'll throw one of them out of the god damn windo—

???: Speaking of, we recieved reports of a village near Flanders being wiped out by the witchcult.

Turning to look down the hall, I saw two people I didn't recognize coming towards me. They didn't look like guards...nobles, maybe? Their clothing looked expensive enough to qualify for them to be called tha—

Wait. My clothing...It's fixed? When the hell did anyone have time to fix up my clothing? Last time I checked, it was ripped apart and covered in blood...

Whatever, I'll just ask those two what's going on. I mean, why the hell did I even wake up standing in a random hall in the royal castle anyway?

Mamoru: Hey, you two. Mind if I ask you something?

???: So close to Flanders? And wiped out? That's rather unusual considering how rare it is for them to attack. At that scale especially.

Did I just get fucking ignored?

???: We've dispatched several knights but...As expected, nothing has come of it yet, Miklotov-sama.

As they continued their conversation and walked closer to me, neither even batted an eye at me.

Mamoru: Oi, I'm talking to you du—

I reached out to grab one of them, but my hand...phased through the man's body...?

The fuck?

Miklotov: That's unfortunate, but it is as you say, expected.

They walked past me like I was a ghost that they couldn't see. I didn't even pay any mind to their conversation as I just looked at my hand that had phased through the one that was apparantly called "Miklotov"...That actually sounds kinda familiar.

....Wait a second...Miklotov...?

That guy that walked past me looked like he was in his late twenties at worst...Maybe it's someone with the same name?