What If? Julius Vs Mamoru

This chapter is meant to show what would have happened if Mamoru and Julius had fought at the beginning of the Royal Selection.

Obviously this isn't canon to the actual story and it's also obviously not an "If" story like Wrath if or Sloth if.

-----------------------------------------

Mamoru was walking through the tunnel towards the sparring arena with a smug smile on his face, that is until he heard a voice running towards him.

Subaru: What the hell are you doing?!

The young boy sighed as he turned around and faced his father, Natsuki Subaru.

Before the black haired male could continue talking though, Mamoru bowed down with his head low in an apologetic manner. This simple act stunned the black haired male into silence.

Mamoru: Forgive me for not listening to you. As much as I wanted to make you trust me again...I simply cannot allow that guy to walk out scot free without a lesson on manners.

Subaru stood silent for a moment as he thought about his next words and how he should say them.

Subaru: Mamoru. He can't even remember it, and even if he did, you don't have to everything in my name-

Mamoru: This...This isn't just for you.

Subaru's words got caught in his throat as he heard Mamoru's words. The white haired Mabeast then slowly stood up from his bowing position and looked at Subaru with an apologetic smile.

Mamoru: This is a selfish wish of mine. Even if that event never happened...That fucker needs to be humbled.

The young boy then bit his lip.

Mamoru: Please, let me do this. I know this is selfish and I don't deserve your kindness after what happened back then...But please let me do this...

Subaru didn't move for a few seconds, letting the tension rise between them. He then put a hand over his face as he gave a deep sigh of defeat. He didn't bother taking his hand of as he spoke.

Subaru: Just...Just don't do anything fatal...Okay?

Mamoru smile widened as he nodded and turned around and made his way over to the arena while Subaru just sat against the wall of the tunnel and sighed in frustration.

Once Mamoru stepped onto the arena, the first thing he saw was Reinhard trying to stop Julius from doing this with arguments like "he's just a child". Frankly, it is a decent argument if you don't know Mamoru and just judge him off of appearance, but that is the exact reason as to why Mamoru had used the worst possible insults back in the throne room. Insults against the knights so bad that they cannot be overlooked, even if he was a child.

Mamoru then glanced to both of his sides and noticed the knights around them in the arena. For a bunch of "calm" and "diligent" knights they seemed fairly eager for a child to be beat up infront of them.

Oh, if only they knew.

Julius finally noticed Mamoru and lightly pushed Reinhard away as the Sword Saint finally gave up on stopping the fight.

Julius had two wooden swords in his hand, but quickly threw one of them at Mamoru who easily caught the wooden sword.

Julius: Natsuki Mamoru, for insulting the knights of this kingdom, I-

Mamoru: Can we fight now and skip this formal bullshit?

The knight inhaled sharply in annoyance as he held the wooden sword infront of himself.