The Start of the Royal Election

It was another day in the Roswaal Mansion. Subaru and Mamoru were making sure that each room in the Roswaal Mansion was clean and tidy. This had been Subaru's and Mamoru's life for a while now, with some memorable moments happening with some of the Mansion residents.

What mostly changed between Subaru's original timeline and this timeline is that Beatrice is out of the library, actually enjoying life and Mamoru being there.

Rem had also become a lot less suspiscious of Subaru and Mamoru, at this point, Rem was pretty close to the same Rem that Subaru remembered.

But despite the fact that everything was fine right now, Subaru was worried. He was worried about the future, despite the fact that he knows exactly what's about to come in the next few days he was still worried. Then again, how could he not be? Despite the fact that he knew the future, he still died twice in the mansion.

Mamoru: Hey, Father?

Subaru:.......

Mamoru:....Father.

Subaru: Hu-Huh...? Oh, what is it?

Mamoru: You're worried, aren't you?

Subaru: Wh-Wha? What would I be worried about?

Mamoru: Look, you're spacing out and your scary eyes are looking a lot scarier than usual.

Subaru: Hey! My eyes aren't THAT scary!

Mamoru: Uhhh, sure. Whatever you say. Now, tell me what's on your mind?

Subaru:........

Mamoru:........

Subaru didn't want to bother Mamoru with his worries, after all. Apart from the incident, Mamoru has been helping Subaru all this time with almost everything. He really didn't want to burden him with-

But then, there was a small sound......It sounded like......crying?

He looked back to Mamoru and saw small tears leaking out of his eyes.

Mamoru: A-All.....right.....you d-don't h-have to t-twell mwe a-about it....

Mamoru voice sounded unbelievebly sad and he was also incorrectly saying things.

Subaru: A-Alright! Alright! I'll tell you! I'll tell you! The thing is about the whole Royal Election and Whale and Petelguese and stuff!! Just, don't cry!

While he was talking, Mamoru had put his head on his arm to stop his tears from flowing.

But then

But then.....Mamoru quickly looked up with the calmest expression on his face and smirked.

Mamoru quickly looked up with the calmest expression on his face and smirked