Natsuki Mamoru's Trial

Eventually, Garfiel came out of the Witch's tomb with a totally diffirent air around him, like something changed within him.

Mamoru: I guess It's safe to assume he managed to beat his past.

Subaru nodded his head with a smile on his face, since Garfiel was done with the trial, it was going to be Emilia's turn to enter the tomb.

But before Emilia got to even step inside the tomb, Subaru grabbed her by the shoulder, stopping her from entering the trial.

She turned to him with slight confusion on her face.

Emilia: Subaru?

Subaru had an idea, ever since he had told Mamoru to trust him, something was off about the young Mabeast. He seemed kind off...Distant? Like something was bringing him down.

He snapped his finger as everyone's attention turned to him, excluding Rem as she seemed to be sitting on some steps thinking over the information that had been provided by Mamoru about his whole existance.

Subaru: Why doesn't Mamoru take the trial first?

Everyone was silent with unreadable expressions on their faces...Everyone except for Mamoru who was looking weirdly at his father.

Mamoru: No? Sounds like a waste of time.

Mamoru turned away from Subaru as he glanced at Rem, who seemed to be ignoring everyone around her...She was really focused, huh.

He then felt someone pick him off the ground like he was some kind of hand bag, he looked towards the person who picked him up and it was none other than his own father, Natsuki Subaru.

Mamoru: Eh?

Everyone silently watched as Subaru walked into the tomb while carrying Mamoru by his side. Mamoru was saying "eh?" Every two or three seconds in confusion before Subaru opened the door inside the tomb and placed Mamoru inside the room while closing the door.

Mamoru simply sat against the door for a couple of seconds, completely flabergasted at what has just occured.

Meanwhile Subaru walked out of the tomb, when he exited he saw Garfiel trying to hold back some chuckles as Ram looked like she wanted to face palm.

They all looked towards the tomb as they saw it fully light up, indicating the start of a trial.

The young demi-human walked up to Subaru and wrapped his arm around him.

Garfiel: So, cap'n. About tha' whole trial thing...

The black haired youth chuckled slightly.

Subaru: Cap'n? What's up with that?

Garfiel: Doesn't matter, just a way of showing ya my respect towards ya...It's just...

He looked akwardly to the side, probably trying to find the right words to say, which confused Subaru slightly.

Garfiel: In the tomb...I saw you get...Desperate?

Subaru blinked for a moment as he didn't get what Garfiel was getting at, but after a couple of seconds he realized what Garfiel meant and his face quickly heated up red like a tomato.

Subaru: What?! You saw that?! I didn't think anyone would come in there before Emilia! And now Mamoru will see it too?!

He shook his head in embarrasment as he looked at Garfiel, although he was still covering his face with his hands.

Subaru: Look, you're not a kid so just- Wait, you are a kid! Damn it!

Garfiel just laughed as Subaru tried to get him to stop laughing all the while Emilia looked on confused at the two boy's conversation.