Journey to Priestella

The meeting with Joshua Juukulius is over, and night has fallen upon the new Roswaal Mansion.

Since it would be awful to send them back on the same day they arrived, they offered to let Joshua and Mimi stay the night, and accepted the invitation to Pristella City. Joshua had been rather imposing when discussing the topic, but everyone saw his relief peeking through when their side accepted the invitation. His monocle was likely just a decoration to garner a certain impression from others, the earnest young lad.

Subaru: He’s way more likeable than his brother.

Mamoru: That's not really saying much though.

Mamoru glanced to his right and noticed Emilia approaching them. He rolled his eyes and turned to walk back to his room.

Mamoru: Anyway, I should go check if Iris destroyed my room or not. Later.

Subaru nodded and turned away to face Emilia, Mamoru on the other hand walk off, leaving the two to talk alone.

While walking, Mamoru noticed a familiar blue haired figure cleaning the hallway he was walking through. Not bothered to start an insult match at the moment Mamoru decided to ignore the maid and just walk away for now.

Unfortunately, he was stopped by the maid he tried to ignore.

Rem: Mamoru-kun?

He didn't even attempt to hide his annoyed groan and slowly turned to face the blue haired maid with a scowl.

Mamoru: What? You know that you have just ruined your one in a million chance, right?

Rem: Do you think that there is any ulterior motive behind this invitation?

Ignoring Mamoru's words she asked her own question without issue. Mamoru frowned and seemed somewhat confused by the question.

Mamoru: You and I both know that I don't give a shit about politics. Why are you even asking for my opinion?

She stopped cleaning and set aside her broom as she turned to face Mamoru.

Rem: But you do care though?

Mamoru: Hah? Why should I?

Rem: Might I remind you that your Subaru-kun is Emilia-sama's knight now. If she goes to Priestella, then naturally her knight will follow.

Mamoru clicked his tongue and looked away, trying to come up with a retort, without much success.

Speaking of Rem, Mamoru couldn't help but get annoyed at the developments that have been happening between Rem and Subaru over the past few months. While their relationship is nowhere near as close as before he was even born, they had grown close enough to call eachother friends.

To Mamoru, she should have just stuck to their relationship being non-existant. Unfortunately Subaru himself desired to form a bond with Rem again, so there wasn't anything Mamoru could do to stop it.

Mamoru: Fine, you want my opinion? I think that this whole invitation reeks of some sort of scheme. Have you ever heard that fox woman speak? She's the definition of shallow Greed.

Rem: Is that so? In that case, feel free to leave now. I still need to finish my chores.

She turned away from him, so he decided to leave just as she said. Not without some grumbling under his breath though.

------------------------------------------------------------

Mamoru P.O.V

Luckly for me, Zuri had already taken Iris and Yukiko out of my room. Where? I don't know or care that much, atleast I don't have to clean up any kind of mess.