Trust

Mamoru clenched his fist as he realized the implications of the Archbishop's words.

If Elsa wasn't here, then that meant that she was either heading towards the village or she was already there. The only reassuring thing about this was the fact that Subaru hadn't looped yet.

Mamoru realized that Elsa was never truly meant to fight him, that was never truly her goal in the first place. Her goal was to make him think that she would fight him while slipping away during his clash against the Sin Archbishops.

He quickly turned towards the direction of the village and ran as fast as he could.

But as he ran towards the village, he turned his head to his right as he heard something.

It was Gluttony, he was matching his speed.

Mamoru's eyes widen as Roy ran slightly ahead of him, stopped, and kicked Mamoru straight on his head.

He sheer force of that sent Mamoru flying backwards as he tumbled slightly on the ground.

Mamoru couldn't believe this, where did he get such physical strength from?! He was human, he wasn't a demi-human from what he could tell.

Mamoru quickly realized that slipping away from this fight would prove rather troublesome.

Up until now, he had the advantage in this fight, but due to his rather young body, his exhaustion from the fight and using the Authority of Wrath and the fact that one of his opponents could regenerate caused the tables to turn in the Archbishops favor quickly.

Mamoru despised this with all his being. He hated this, why do all of these damn attacks have to happen merely two months after he was born? If he just had some time, time for his Authorities to truly merge within his body, time to train himself, if he was given a year to prepare...He knew that he would be able to annihilate these Sin Archbishops.

Regulus? Capella? Roy? Lye? And any other Archbishop? If he was just given some time, then he knew that he could take them on...Hell, at that point he'd be able to take them on all at once! Only if he was given some time....

But no, of course he had to face five Sin Archbishops in the span of a week.

All of this because of Roswaal and his damn wish to revive his Mother.

He found it almost hysterical, Roswaal was most likely trying to once again converse with Echidna, while Mamoru could just say her name and speak to her whenerver he wanted, where he wanted.

Mamoru sighed as he let go of his forehead and faced the two Sin Archbishops.

He was going to use his Unseen Hands to push both Gluttony and Lust away, so that he could make way to the village and kill Elsa.

Mamoru summoned as many Unseen Hands as he possibly could. The total was 40 of them, while the number doubled, that wasn't enough for the young Mabeast. He wanted more, but he would need to make due for now.

The two Sin Archbishops charged straight towards Mamoru while he was getting ready to use his Unseen Hands to either slap them away or rip them apart and run towards the village.

And as they were about to clash...

Mamoru blinked while looking around...He looked as he saw the moon up in the sky...That shouldn't be the case, the sun had just fell...Right?

But then, he heard a voice behind him that sent chills down his spine.

Otto: Sitting all alone, huh?

Subaru died.

*Earlier*

Subaru couldn't help but feel a sense of dread as they once again evacuated the village.