Invisible Providence

Mamoru was somewhat surprised, Garfiel looked pretty beat up. He had to give credit to Otto and Ram, they really managed to damage him this much despite being very weak.

Then again, he would have done a much better job, but it didn't truly matter right now whether he could or couldn't.

All that Mamoru was hearing right now was a bunch of gibberish. Not because he was actually hearing gibberish, but because he just could not consider this conversation Garfiel and Subaru were having to be of any importance.

At one point, Garfiel even started shouting about how he wanted his mother to hate him.

It disgusted Mamoru that Garfiel said that, what a disgusting filthy piece of shit that Garfiel is. If Mamoru would have his way, he would have ripped Garfiel in half without a second thought.

Just as it seemed that Subaru was getting through to Garfiel, an air of hostility filled the air as Garfiel resolved himself not to let any of us leave the Sanctuary and destroy the Witch's tomb.

Garfiel transformed into his beast form as he roared with all his might.

Both Emilia and Mamoru got infront of Subaru as the two of them got ready for a fight.

But, Mamoru felt Subaru grab his shoulder as he moved him aside and told the pair infront of him that It was fine...

What the fuck was fine right now?!

As it stands right now, Garfiel could simply swipe his hand once and Subaru's body would be torn in half. So why did he want to do this alone now?!

While Mamoru was thinking about his father's actions, he didn't notice Subaru running at Garfiel with Frederica's necklace in hand.

Garfiel did the same as he ran at Subaru in his beast form.

Right as Garfiel was about to strike Subaru, Subaru used Shamak to obscure Garfiel's vision. Shamak normally wouldn't work on anything that isn't a mindless beast, but Garfiel is so angry right now that he's pretty much lost his mind right now.

While Garfiel's vision was blocked due to the Shamak, Subaru stabbed Garfiel's giant arm with Frederica's necklace as a blue light came out of it.

When the Shamak cleared, Mamoru could see Garfiel back in his normal form, looking a lot weaker with the necklace stabbed in his arm.

Garfiel: W-Wha...?

Garfiel fell to his knees as he could feel that his mana was suddenly almost completely drained, he couldn't comprehend what just happened.

Subaru then noticed that the necklace slightly glowed as it fell out of Garfiel's arm and onto the ground.

Subaru: Even when I can't hear you, you still find a way to be annoying just by glowing...

Subaru then walked towards Garfiel.

Subaru: Look at me, Garfiel.

Garfiel raised his head as he only gave a single confused "huh?"

Subaru: If you want to stop me, do it with your own hands. Don't wuss out and hide behind your blood, you spineless coward! When are you gonna stop taking me for a fool? We're going to the outside world, Emilia will take on the trials and the Sanctuary will be liberated. Whether you want it or not.

Garfiel looked angered at Subaru's statement as he slowly got up to once again stand on his knees.

Garfiel: Who asked you to do that?! Who said you could do that?! This place doesn't need to change!