The Beginning and The End of Wrath

Mamoru P.O.V

I looked down at the Sin Archbishop under my foot. His face was at first filled with confusion and shock, the last several seconds barely registering in his head. That was until his face morphed into a furious scowl as he swung his hand upwards at me.

Regulus: Get off of me!

I took a calm step back and saw the what seemed to be a wind blade. It was barely visible, but I could see the outline of the air wave.

Over the last year since I've last met this fucker, I've thought about it many, many times as to what abilities/authority he has.

For a moment, I thought that I was right and that he could use wind magic, but there was something strange about it in my eyes.

Unlike Ram's which while yes, does retain it's shape when she uses her magic, there was always a certain wildness to it like with most magic. Her air blades did retain it's blade like shape mostly, it did always also move around a bit, change it's shape slightly due to manner in how air in general works.

What Regulus had just done looked somewhat similar, but unlike Ram's, his looked completely solid and moved in a completely straight line upwards.

Maybe it's just a thing that exists with magic users that some have different looking spells? But I have fought criminals before with wind magic, and while they did have weaker spells than Ram, they still looked identical apart from the size of their spells.

Was Regulus just an exception? Or did it have something to do with his Authority?

It could be that I haven't even seen him use his Authority even once and that it actually turns out that he's a complete master of wind magic to the point that he can make it look solid.

I shook my head, there wasn't any point in thinking about it know. I'll fight him and see if I can figure out what makes him tick.

He picked himself off of the ground while his eyes glared at me with a dagger-like sharpness.

Regulus: What do you think you're doing?! I was calmly walking through the streets of this city without doing anything wrong, and yet you come out of nowhere and attack me unprovoked?! Do you have any idea how bothersome it is for me to even speak to you now before rightfully striking back? You probably don't understand that I am choosing to be diplomatic right now because of how generous I am. Through your disgusting and reckless actions, the only image you have given to me and everyone around us is that of a mindless madman without any regard for anyone else! The question is, are you? Because you certainly grant yourself that image without a second thought. You should feel grateful, do you understand? I, despite having the right to completely obliterate you, have chosen to allow you to explain your violant actions or even repent for them. I hold no intention to brag, but I believe to be a man with no faults, unlike you. I understand that no one can be like me, without fault. But there is a limit to how imperfect and worthless one can act before they shouldn't be considered as properly fit to be a member of any and all communities due to their very nature. Also--

Mamoru: Man, I think I prefer talking to Priscilla, Heinkel, Roswaal and Ram all at once over this shit.

I launched myself at him and struck him straight in the face as he was flung back into a building as he crashed into it.

Glancing around, I saw that everyone around us was fleeing the scene. Good, this battle would probably get pretty destructive.

While I waited for Regulus to come back here, I couldn't help but wonder why Regulus doesn't try to dodge my attacks. It almost feels like he can't even react to them, like he's just an average joe.