Returning to The Mansion

Mamoru P.O.V

........

........

Subaru: So what you're saying is...

Mamoru:....Yeah?

Subaru: You just so happened to find someone from Japan, just, randomly like that?

I glanced over at Yukiko, who sat on the wooden seat nervously while glancing around. Not that she'd be able to see much anyway.

Mamoru: Sounds about right.

Subaru looked doubtful, like, a really doubtful. I mean yeah, sure. Just randomly finding a person from Japan isn't something that's likely to happen, but come on! It isn't impossible, now is it?

We were currently back in the mansion in his room, with Yukiko sitting on the bed while Subaru sat on a chair and I was relegated to sit on the floor even though the bed had plenty of space to sit on.

Having had enough of sitting on the floor, I stood up and clapped my hands.

Mamoru: Alrighty then! You two have fun becoming isekai buds, I'll go annoy Rem or push Roswaal down the stairs or something.

Subaru: Wai-

Not letting him drag me back in there, I quickly made my escape and closed the door.

Walking away, I wondered if Subaru and Yukiko would get along. They probably would, they're both from Japan after all, but more unexpected things have happened.

While alone, I pondered on what Zuri had told me back in the carriage. I can't help but feel somewhat glad that she considers me a friend.

But could I say the same to her? Call her a friend? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy being around both her and Iris but...

Can you really be friends with someone if you'd be willing to murder them if your own father ordered it?

-------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a couple of days since Yukiko had started living with us, but unlike Zuri and Iris she seemed to have trouble adjusting here.

Not in a way that implies that the others in the mansion don't like her, but it has more to do with her disability.

Unlike a home in Japan, the mansion had many hallways, corridors, doors, stairs, etc. It pretty much meant that it wasn't easy for her and she had to try and remember the entire lay-out of the mansion.

In other words, I had to help her get familiar with the entire mansion. I briefly considered using the Authority of Wrath on her, but she told me that her condition was from birth. So I disregarded the idea.

Wrath heals injuries, it wouldn't heal a birth defect.

The only positive thing out of all of this was the fact that I got to know her better, I guess.

From what I can tell, she's strangely confident and rash for someone that can barely see. One time, Garfiel was standing in the middle of the hallway and she hit his butt with her walking stick since she almost bumped into him.

The sight was pretty hilarious, Garfiel knew himself that attacking a girl as thin as her was what one would call dishonorable. Or just a hate crime.

I was currently looking out of the many windows in the mansion, looking at Zuri and Iris talking in the garden. I wonder-

Subaru: H-Hey....Mamoru?

I glanced to my left and noticed Subaru walking up to me....A bit nervously? What's going on?