The Witch's Child

As Garfiel explained what the Sanctuary was to Emilia, Subaru thought about something.

There was one person missing, he hadn't noticed it due to the confrontation between Garfiel and Mamoru.

Subaru: Wait, where's Rem?!

Garfiel looked most surprised at Subaru's outburst.

Garfiel: Ha?! Rem is here?

Otto peaked his head out of the window between the carriage and the driver's seat.

Otto: Ah, sorry. I forgot to mention that Rem went out on her own to look for you.

Subaru: Wait, why didn't you mention this before?

Otto: I was just beat up five minutes ago! I obviously had other things on my mind!

Subaru sighed in relief as he looked out the window, looking at the people in the sanctuary.

They looked just as wary of them as the first time they got here, well not like anything would have somehow changed.

Once they arrived at the place Roswaal was resting at, Subaru noticed Ram talking to Rem who looked slightly worried about something.

Once Rem noticed Subaru in the carriage, she smiled slightly, although Subaru wasn't able to tell due to the distance between them.

Once they got close enough, Subaru got out of the carriage as he walked up to Rem and Ram.

Subaru: Yo! Rem-san, Nee-sama! Glad to see that you're doing okay.

Rem: I should be saying that to you, Subaru-kun. I was a little bit worried when you suddenly dissapeared.

While Rem looked relieved, Ram merely showed a irritated look on her face.

Ram: Of course Barusu can't help but make every women around him stressed out. It must be his disgusting fetish.

Subaru: What do you mean by that?! Do I really make women stressed out?!

While Subaru and Ram were talking like they usually would, Mamoru put his hand on his chin as he thought about something for a second.

Then he snapped his fingers as he finally figured something out.

That snap of his finger caught the attention of everyone around him.

He then pointed his finger at Ram as he said...

Mamoru: You're a woman.

There was a long akward silence after that as Mamoru looked calmly at Ram.

Ram then looked at Mamoru with a irritated look as she said...

Ram: Despite the fact that the two of you look nothing alike, it's easy to tell that you're his son judging by your sheer stupidity.

Despite Ram's words, Mamoru didn't falter, he actually smiled smugly as he spoke once again.

Mamoru: "Every woman" you say? That includes you. Does that mean that you were worried about Father?

Ram was silent for a second before using her iconic "Hah" as she dissmised Mamoru's words.

Ram: I merely said that since it would take far too much of my precious time to name every single woman that Barusu worried. Why would I be worried about a dog like Barasu?

Subaru:...Why a dog?

Subaru looked exhausted from this conversation as he decided to change the topic.

Subaru: Well, it doesn't matter anyway. Can we go see Roswaal now?

At his question, Ram raised her eyebrow in confusion.