Stroll with an Idiot

Mamoru P.O.V

I used my totally incredible sneaking skills to sneak out of the building to avoid two things; Whatever dad was going to say after the meeting about my whole 'child maniac' thing and to avoid the meeting itself. It was boring as hell, after all.

In any case, I should go somewhere now and delay the inevitable talk with dad about what I've been doing with my free time--

Iris: Elo!

Urgh, did I seriously get noticed by her out of all people?

Mamoru: Uh, hey there... You forgot two letters in the word 'hello'.

She tilted her head to the side like a confused puppy.

Iris: What?

Mamoru:....Nothing...

I shook my head, side to side and scratched the back of my head.

Mamoru: So...You uh, need anything?

Iris: Dadbaru said something about keeping my eye on you!

Alright, so it was Subaru and probably everyone else that noticed me sneak out... I need to work on my sneaking skills, what an awful performence from me.

Whatever, it's better to have company when exploring a city, I guess.

Mamoru: Alright... Follow along then... And don't make a fool of yourself, kay?

She nodded with her typical enthusiasm and that ever-present smile on her face.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Now that I was walking with Iris through the city, it made me notice the fact that it's not fairly often that I get to hang out with her one on one. It wasn't like we didn't get along without Zuri, but it was more the fact that me, Zuri and Iris always usually end up together on any group activity, so it felt a bit strange that it hadn't happened this time...

Currently, we were watching a large pool of water inside the city, there were a decent amount of water dragons visible from where we stood. One might say that this would be quite boring to look at, but I thought that it was fairly relaxing. What surprises me most is the fact that Iris actually seems to like the relaxed atmosphere and isn't trying to ruin it with her seemingly near infinite energy.

I took note of her messy hair, it was a shame that she rarely bothered to make it look presentable. Objectively speaking, her hair was beautiful and something that many woman would kill just to get even a little piece of her hair.

Reaching out my hand I tried to make her hair look like anything other than a hurricane that it currently was. While I was doing that, I could hear Iris humming softly for some reason.

Iris: Hehe... Can Mamo scratch Iris's neck? It's kinda itchy...

I didn't see a reason to refuse as I was already busy with her hair. So I let my right hand fall towards the back of her neck and began scratching gently.

To my shock, she suddenly came closer and wrapped her hands around my back while burying her face in my chest. She was one of the few people shorter than me, so she was actually capable of doing that.

Good grief... Sometimes she's far too affectionate. It's like owning a dog, the moment you do the smallest nice thing for it it'll stay close to you for the rest of time.

Pushing her off of me, she tried to protest, but I denied every single one of her protests with cold ruthlessness.

Mamoru: No, I'm not a teddy bear for you to hug.