Attack of The Cultists

Third person P.O.V

Subaru watched Mamoru basically fly away while constantly flinging the Sin Archbishop through the air. A prominent feeling of worry swept across his body, like being grabbed and held by someone without the ability to escape.

He wasn't worried whether or not Mamoru could win... Okay, maybe he was a little worried about his safety, but he was confident in Mamoru's ability to fight these lunatics. And he did technically already kill Wrath... It's just that the price was Subaru's death.

The reason he's so worried is for how Mamoru will feel. He already tends to blame himself for any of Subaru's deaths, even if there wasn't realisticly anything he could do about it.

....Now though... He had, by technicality, killed Subaru. Of course, that wasn't his fault, but Subaru knew Mamoru well enough. He wouldn't see it that way.

Beatrice: That was the Sin Archbishop, wasn't it?

Glancing down at his partner, he gave a small nod before looking back at where Mamoru had flown off to with Sirius. They were already gone, Mamoru wasn't pulling anything back right now, or so he atleast guessed.

It was easy to see what Mamoru's plan was as long as you're aware of Sirius's ability. He is going to drag Wrath away, far enough so that the Sin Archbishop's ability didn't affect anyone around them.

Originally, Subaru assumed that Mamoru would just come to him first and then discuss how they were going to handle the issue at hand, but Mamoru probably didn't need his help in a situation like his. Not even if he drags Beatrice along for help.

That was probably for the better though considering Sirius's ability and Mamoru had gone after the bandaged freak so quickly that Sirius didn't even get a chance to gather up the crowd.

At this point, there wasn't anything that either Subaru or even Beatrice could do. The best they could do is hope that Mamoru wins against the Witchcult threat.

Emilia: Subaru!

What would normally be a pleasant voice to listen to, well, was still pleasant. But this time her voice sounded panicked, which caused Subaru to turn around as quickly as he could to see what was happening.

He couldn't even react as the knife came closer and closer to his face.

And right as it was about to stab him directly in the face--

It was blocked by a sword made of ice. Saving Subaru's life just in the nick of time.

Subaru: E-uh-eh?

He couldn't even form a proper sentence as he took a step back out of sheer surprise and shock. Emilia now stood infront of him with her back turned to him. Forcing himself out of shock, he looked over Emilia's shoulder and saw several hooded Witchcultists infront of them. Some stood on the same ground as them while some were standing on the rooftops around them in a similar manner like Sirius had done.

Beatrice: Subaru! Are you hurt?! Do you need me to heal you, in fact?!

Forcing himself to look away from the dangerous threat only for a moment, he squeezed Beatrice's hand and gave her a reassuring smile before sporting a serious, but nervous expression on his face as he prepared himself for the worst.

He had already considered the possibility before, that this whole ordeal was just a singular attack from this one single Sin Archbishop. But there is a good chance that this is something else. While he hoped that it wasn't true and that only this area of the city was attacked, maybe just for the cult's sick pleasure... He had to be prepared for the horrible possibility that...