Duel Against Reinhard

Third person P.O.V

Garfiel had carried Mamoru's unconcious body into the tea room, no one had really known where to take him after he "disconnected" so they just took him with them towards the tea room.

Garfiel carefully laid Mamoru down in a comfortable position against the wall and backed away, briefly wondering whether or not Mamoru would wake up or not before losing interest when Mamoru, in fact, didn't wake up.

Despite the occasional odd glance or two, most people had their attention on Reinhard and another person who had been in the tea room before them.

Wilhelm.

Not only that, but there was a tense feeling in the air around the room since several Royal Canditates, including a couple important figures were gathered in one room. Now Subaru thanked whatever god is out there since he honestly doesn't want to imagine what frankly, clownish shit Mamoru would pull just to annoy everyone.

Apparantly, the fact that they were all here, despite the lack of a specific time on the invite was pure luck, lack thereof, depending on how you want to view this situation.

Sitting next to Crusch was Ferris, who was seated in a woman’s pose. Next to him was the old swordsmen, Wilhelm, sipping his tea. He was dressed in the same butler outfit as always, but it suited his tea-drinking-look well.

Due to the seating arrangements, Reinhard and Wilhelm had ended up seated next to one another. Anyone who knew of their story, however, would feel uneasy.

Subaru: They haven’t even met eyes yet...

Subaru whispered his observation to Emilia, who quietly agreed.

Wilhelm and Reinhard were, as grandfather and grandson, direct relatives, but, aside from offering mutual pleasantries, they had yet to acknowledge each other.

The tea room was dominated by silence, and Subaru took time to think their situation over. The members of Emilia’s faction were, whether due their attitude, nature, or childishness, all largely unskilled at reading the mood.

It was also hard to forget how Joshua, who had returned after being summoned away, had given a scared “Whaa” when he saw the situation.

House Astrea. The name was so well known that even Subaru knew a little of their family history. Sword Saint was a title that was passed from generation to generation, and the lineage of Sword Saints meant that the Astrea family probably had the history of greatest combat strength throughout of all of Lugunica.

Wilhelm’s obsession with the White Whale obviously came from the defeat of his wife, the previous Sword Saint. Connecting these facts would lead to one question.

Why did Wilhelm choose to borrow the power of Crusch’s faction, rather than the power of his own house?

Taking the question further, why had Reinhard not participated in the fight against White Whale?

Wilhelm had said that he’d started chasing the White Whale about fourteen years ago. If the Royal Election had been ongoing, then Wilhelm could not cooperate with Reinhard, who was a member of the an enemy faction. That made sense.

But, when Wilhelm had begun his hunt for the White Whale, House Astrea had nothing to do with the Royal Election. Of course, then Reinhard would still have been a child, and would have lacked the ability to defeat the White Whale. But, considering his later growth, why had Reinhard never sought out the White Whale?

Wilhelm’s sentiments and Reinhard’s thoughts, Subaru had no insight into either.

If they were ever willing to discuss it, he’d love to listen.