Confusion

Mamoru could not believe what his ears were hearing.

What he has just witnessed in the past 30 minutes was nothing short of a rollercoaster of chaos.

Not only has his Father involved the merchant Otto in this plan of his, but he has also just made a bet with Roswaal.

This bet was bound by a contract.

Subaru has just lost his greatest advantage.

Mamoru couldn't comprehend this, why would he do this?! Sure, Mamoru didn't want his father to die eitherway, but if he did then he'd atleast have the advantage of going back in the past.

But he has just willingly given that up.

Contracts are bound to the soul, it doesn't matter if Subaru return's by death and it doesn't matter if everyone forgets. Because even if Roswaal forgets about it, the bet will still be enforced. Subaru will have to go along with Roswaal's plan.

Apparantly, the duo of Subaru and Otto are planning on involving Ram with this plan. The same person who's completely loyal to Roswaal!

And now Mamoru was waiting outside of the house where Emilia was currently located at. Apparantly, Subaru wants Puck to break the contract that binds the disgusting spirit and Emilia together.

Again, Mamoru couldn't understand these actions, but those words that his Father said kept ringing in his head.

"Trust me"

Despite all common sense telling Mamoru to stop this madness and use "that" He just couldn't bring himself to do it.

He just sat next to the door, waiting for his Father to come out and continue this plan of his.

When Subaru came out, he seemed to notice Mamoru's mood, but he didn't comment on it as he went to talk to one of the Ryuzu's that was inside the room with the original Ryuzu.

Mamoru once again waited outside, he didn't want to go in there. He just sat next to one of the stone pillars of the entrance of that room while looking up at the sky.

It was somewhat calming to him, but he also felt kinda...Dull....?

Ah...Right...

Mamoru: Lust, Gluttony, the assassins, Roswaal, the Warlock of Envy...The hell am I supposed to do about this?

The worst thing to deal with was the Warlock of Envy, not because he has caused anything to happen yet, but because he was just...Such an anomaly.

That Warlock...Shouldn't exist. Mamoru was compatible with all of the Authorities, after all...

.....

Mamoru: But am I actually...?

He can't use Greed or Gluttony. And clearly he isn't as compatible as he thought he was since the Warlock of Envy exists!

Echidna said so, so it must be true.

Subaru then walked out of that room after finishing his talk with Ryuzu and noticed Mamoru sitting on the floor with a depressing look on his face.

Subaru: Hey, is that thing that happened at the mansion still bothering you?

Mamoru turned to look at his Father and said...

Mamoru: Not really...It's...Something else...

He then looked away, looking at the ground with seemingly no thoughts going through his head.

Subaru looked up, thinking about what he should do for a second.

Subaru: In that case, why don't you tell me what's up?