Before the Battle

Subaru was slightly worried, Mamoru seemed to be taking just a bit too long in the tomb.

They already knew that the trial was finished, the lights had gone out indicating the end of the trial.

Although he wouldn't need to be worried any longer as they heard footsteps coming from the tomb. After a few seconds, they could see Mamoru walking out of the tomb, but something was different about him.

With a single glance, anyone could tell that something was different. Unlike before where he seemed to be slightly unsure of himself when he entered the tomb, now he walked out of the tomb with confidence.

Once he fully walked out, he glanced at them as a new look formed on his face- No. Not only that, but the air around them seemed to be filled with something.

Bloodlust.

Everyone tensed up as they saw Mamoru's smile slowly turn into a grin as Rem looked just about ready to summon her magic.

......

And then....

Mamoru: Ha! It's too bad you can't see yourself right now! Those faces look hilarious!

Everyone looked on in surprise as Mamoru's voice sounded different. You could still tell that it was Mamoru, but there was a certain...Echo behind it, it was rather creepy. Actually, it almost sounded like he had doubled his own voice.

[Skip to 5:48 to 6:07]

[And if the video doesn't load then just know that Mamoru's voice is like Pride's from FMA]

In the end a huge wave of relief came from the people below Mamoru, although Subaru walked up the stairs and lightly head butted Mamoru.

Mamoru held his head in pain as he looked at Subaru with comedic tears in his eyes.

Mamoru: Auch! What is this now? Abuse?! Police?! Fbi?! Child protective services?!

Subaru: Don't act like that actually hurt! I'm pretty sure you'd get up just fine if a truck hit you anyway. Also...

He put his hand on Mamoru's head as he started to ruffel Mamoru's hair with a smile on his face.

Subaru: Good job.

Mamoru looked at him, silent for a moment. But his face quickly became red as he lightly slapped his father's hand off of his head.

Mamoru: D-Don't say something so embarrasing infront of those guys! It's embarrasing!

Subaru along with Garfiel laughed at his predicament while Otto and Emilia slightly chuckled to themselfs. Rem didn't say anything, but if one where to look closely, one would see a thin smile of relief on her face.

Ram noticed this, although didn't say anything as she looked at the others, slightly amused by how high everyone's spirit was.

Subaru: Although I do have a question.

Mamoru tilted his head slightly as the laughter died down.

Subaru: What's up with your voice?! It sounds so-

Garfiel: COOL?!!

Subaru seemed to want to say something else, but he simply chuckled as he heard the blond Demi-human's description of Mamoru's new voice.