Chapter thirty nine

Alex's point of view:

Fine, your dad is, you know Uncle Richard, your dad is Uncle Richard" I released my breath.

His face lit up

"Really? He is really my father? Or are you trying to joke with me?" he frowned at me.

"No, he is really your father" I assured him.

"Mom, I am really happy, thank God that dirty uncle is not my dad. But my neat uncle. Mom, do you know I like him from the day I met him? I love him mom." he laughed happily as he clapped his hands together. "I am happy mom, I am really happy. I will tell all my friends that I have a dad and he has a fine car and that he is also fine. I love you mom and I love him too." he hugged me. Something sparked in my chest. Alexander always loves me only. I don't think I am able and willing to share his love with another person who didn't even care about his existence.

Alexander's face turned into confusion.

"But wait mom, you told me he is a bad man mom, so how can he be my dad, mom?" he asked.

Gosh how am I going to explain it to him now. I can't be like Richard, I have to say something good about his father to him.

"I said that in anger" I replied him.

"Hmm I see, you two are always fighting, urging with each other anytime he comes over. I wonder why you guys are always fighting though? Anyway I want us to live together and I will make you guys be friends again so that we can live as a family like how my friends live" he squealed

Live together? That is not going to happen in this lifetime. I can't live with that monster and I can't also bear the risk of my child living with him.

"Hey that's okay" I said.

"Okay see ya, let me go and do my assignment. I will be here during dinner" with that he left.

I cleared his plate on the kitchen cabinet and put them inside to wash.

I almost turned on the tap when my phone rang. I picked it up without checking it, that's one bad habit of me.

"Hello dear" I know that voice Richard, Gosh!

I almost hang up

"Don't hang up or else I will tag you as a coward, darling" he said

"What do you want now?" I asked him with annoyance.

"I have a good news for you baby" I could imagine the stupid smirk on his face right now.

"Go on" I encouraged him

"The DNA test is out and the result is positive. I guess everything is on my favour dear. I still wonder why you haven't given up already on this case. Anyway just let me tell you this. If I win the case there is still high probability that you will still have access to our son.

Alex, can we just stop this already, let forget the past and move on. We don't even the court to interfere in our matter. I will even go by anything you tell me to do, please Alex. This is a childish action please just let's forget it" I let out a laugh

"The last time I checked, you took the decision. Richard just let me let you know, I am not letting backing out now and after I won the case I want you out of our lives for good." I told him

"This is for your own good. Please I don't want you to get hurt in the end"

"You should be the one checking out for yourself in the end, I Alex Winter won't be hurt because I have faith in my step, thank you can I cut the call now?" he sighed

"Okay please can you please let me meet Alexander just this once before the case okay. Please I want it to be today please" he pleaded. Really? The great Richard is pleading? That's unbelievable

I can't deny him of meeting his son right? And moreover I know Alexander would be delighted in meeting his father.

"Fine, but just don't manipulate him against me" I warned him.

"I can't stoop low to that extent, I will text you the address and time, thank you alex" with that he hang up.

After washing the plates and cleaning up the kitchen I went to the room to dress up Alexander.

*
Exactly 7:00pm, I got to the restaurant with Alexander beside me. The restaurant is one of the most popular restaurant in the city, I feel ashamed of the dress I wore to such restaurant but it is not like I am having a date or anything, I only brought my son to meet his dad after that I will excuse them.

I searched the entire restaurant for him, not long I spot him at a corner of the restaurant. I stood for a while to check him out. He is always looking good as always. Gosh what am I saying?

We walked towards him, immediately he saw us, he stood up to welcome his son as Alexander left my hand and ran to him to hug him. I felt a little jealous.

Just for a little time alex
My subconscious said. That's true. Just little period to bear with.

"Good evening, thanks for this" he said waiting for reply but I nodded in return as I left the two of them together and went out of the restaurant and sat in the bench outside the restaurant waiting for my son.

All I am worried about now is my child's mind. I hope Richard is not manipulating him or turning him against me.

What if he does manipulate him?

What If Alexander wants to go to his dad instead?

What if Alexander doesn't find happiness with me after all?

No, no, no. I trust my son.

He would never go against me. I am his life after all.

Right? Yes

**
Sorry for the late update guys!!!

Happy new month guys!!!

Next month is my birthday, well I am just telling you in advance.

I hope you have tried my new story out 'His cross to carry' please comment vote and share. I am in love with the story.

Sorty guys, I know most of you are pissed up with me now but please don't be. I am only at University and it is hard for me to update I swear but right now I am at home and I would try my best to update thank you

What do you think about this chapter? Vote comment and follow please don't forget to share.

Lots of love

Bye

Zainab