Chapter fifty (3.6)

Please vote, comment, share and don't forget to follow me up

Alex's point of view:

"Wow" I couldn't hide the shock when I entered his magnificent house.

"Let me lead you to your room" he said.

"Is this your house? The house you were residing before wasn't huge to this one" I told him slowly as I checked out the living room.

"Well I moved out" he said curtly. It seems he doesn't want to talk about it.

"Oh I see" I said.

"You must be richer in the last five years" I said

"Maybe" he said.

"You became the richest businessman in America last two years but your rank came down last year." I told him something he knows.

"How did you know?" He asked. I looked at him with a small smile on my face

"I guess you don't know how popular you are" I smirked.

"So you watch news about me?" He smirked back.

"Not only you baby boy but all celebrities" it is my turn to smirk.

"Fine, at that period, one of my branches got burnt to ashes, and it was a great loss to my companies in general" he explained.

"Oh my" I exclaimed.

"One of the employees forgot to turn off the to off the gas cooker at the kitchen after using it. Thank God no one was injured and it happened in the night when no one was there." He said.

"That's so bad. It is a great loss," I sympathize with him.

I can't believe he suffered so much after the incident, I guess karma couldn't stop thinking about him.

"Anyway let me show you the room" he said.

"Guest room" I corrected.

"It is like you know my house more than I do" he raised a brow. I just shrugged my shoulder.

"Anyway there are a lot of rooms in this house enough for you to sleep in the guest room. You can't sleep upstairs.

"But I am not sleeping in your room or next to yours" I said without thinking about the words that came out from my mouth.

"What?" He scoffed.

"Nothing" I said quicker that he won't be able to catch up with it.

"Don't worry I wasn't even planning that you should sleep in my room. So let's go I will show you your room for tonight" he started walking and I tagged behind.

Such a stupid me. I couldn't believe u said that out. I couldn't even that I thought about him making sleep in his room.

We climbed the huge stairs to the second floor of the house. He kept walking without looking back like there was no one behind him. Who cares anyway?

He stopped when he reached the front of a door.

"Here is the room, You can call me if you need anything. Good night" he said.

I walked towards the door. I turned the knob and opened it gently.

"Good night" I said and opened the door to enter.

***

I woke up to the reflection of the bright morning sun throughout the huge room.

I glanced at the biggest room I have ever slept in my entire life. It is pained white through out. The dressing mirror and tables screams of money. No doubt, the bed is a king size bed, laid on it is an expensive bed spread and duvet neatly roughed up by me.
Note the sarcasm 'Neatly'.