Chapter forty

Richard's Point of view:

"Sit down buddy" I made him sit on his chair gently.

"So how have you been doing since?" I asked him with a smile of my face.

"I have been fine but I missed you" he said

"I missed you too buddy,  I always wanted to come and meet you but you know how tough your mom can be" I told him with the thought of Alex on my my head.

The most stubborn woman I have ever met in my life.

"Dad, do you know that I am so happy today" he said as he smiled widely at me.

He called me 'dad' oh my goodness

"No but that's great buddy, tell me the reason for that"

"Mom told me you are my daddy" I can't believe my ears.  Alex told him about me. That's impossible. I know someone must have told her to do so.

"Really? Did she do really that?" I asked with with amusement

"Yes, dad. I am so glad that you are my father.  I am so glad that it is not that dirty uncle. Dad,  I want us to live as one family like how my friends live. I don't want us to live apart. Dad please come and live with us" he pleaded. Only this can be achieved if I won the case but if I did not we will have to live separately.

"I hope so Alexander. If things go my way. We will. You just have to believe okay. But let me assure you, no matter how fate plays games with us. I will never leave you. You are my life Alexander. You are daddy's boy and you will always be." I assured him.

He smiled as he stood up from his seat to hug me. I embraced it. Who knows if I am still going to have the right to hug him.

"I love you too dad" I  ruffled his hair to give him the reply he wants.

"Let's eat and enjoy the night Alexander" I told him and we did.

***

The angry tone of my phone woke me up. I lazily picked up my phone and brought it to my ear. I know the caller is going to spoil my mood for the entire day. The caller is my mom

"Hey mom" I said sleepily

"Seriously? You can pick up my calls now?  That's nice. I wonder what have been keeping my son busy that he is not even bothers  about me. Do you know how mush I miss you" Gosh.  She sniffed.  I know she is faking it. Crocodile tears.

"I am sorry mom, I have been busy lately. I was even going to visit you after I finish what I am doing here" I told her as I sat up.

"That's is always your excuse. Your sister is getting married in the next two months and you are not aware of that.  Richard,  what kind of life are you living? You are not even concerned about your family at once" she said.  I know that her concern is real this time.

Don't blame me my mom is a drama queen.

"Mom, Madelina and I have even spoken for a very long time. She is still probably annoyed. Wait mom, is she getting married for the third and half time, God I can't believe that lady. Marriage is not a joke mom" I said.

My sister is one heck of a divorcee. She got married two and half times.

The half in it must have bothered you. Almost her third marriage.  The guy has already said he did, then when it was he own take to make vow. The guy's ex wife came in being pregnant. That day was one heck of a drama. We had to pet my sister but when I got home. I couldn't hold my laughter anymore.

"Stop it Richard, you know how she is obsessed with her properties. She always think they want to take it away from her which is not true" she said over the phone.

"Then she shouldn't even get married. She can become single mother and live her life" I advised my mom instead of Madeline.

"Well she loves this guy and I believe he loves her too and would be a great father to her children" that's the problem. Always believing until he breaks their trust.

"Anyway that's her business, mom I am tired okay, and I also have to got to work" I gave her the hint to hang up but knowing my mom, she would never hang up.

"I was told you are not at the states presently, where are you" she asked sternly

"Greece, taking care of some business here" I wanted to say 'my happiness' but decided not to because mom will dig till she finds what I am taking about.

"When will you be back to the states?" she asked.  There is something behind that question

"I don't know mom" I replied her immediately.

"Well I am coming to visit next months and I am using two weeks, then we will fly to Russia for your sister's and fly to England to spend time with your mom. We have alot to catch up and don't reject the offer or else you know the consequences" Of course I know the consequences. She always blackmailing me with that.

"Mom!!" I whined

"Son, I will hang up now. My friends are coming over and I also have a date. Bye boo" with that she hang up. I shook my head violently. God,  this woman always treat me like a young boy. Who told her that she can just order me the great Richard Winslow like that. No one, but she has the right.

She said she has a date to go.  Gosh, this woman won't be the end me. I just hope the lucky man is not jerk or else he will smell his ass.

My lawyer is calling. I picked it up with any reluctant.

"Hey buddy" he said

"What's up man" I said

"I am cool,  just want to inform you that everything is on the go. So don't be bothered about anything. Tomorrow is a life changer for you. Just remember you don't have any bad intention against her. All you want is the two of them.  I am supporting you with my whole might and I will win this case for sure. Anyway,  I heard that your wife's lawyer is Tony, one of the most powerful lawyer in this country and addition to that he is the husband of that Doctor Whom you asked me to prepare their divorce papers." he said

"Really?" I asked

"Yes, do you know the funniest stuff? We can use that against him" he said

"No no, please we can't use that against him for our own selfish interest, just leave that aside. anyway I know I am going to win so forget it" I assured him.

"Okay we will do as your wish your majesty" he joked

"Okay your highness see ya" with that I cut the call.

Tomorrow is a huge day that I should prepare for.

***

What an update!!!

This is the second time you guys are meeting Richard's mom.  Such a drama queen. I like her though.

What do you think do far?

What do you think about this chapter? 

And my characters so far?

Anyway you guys will soon meet his family in person.

I love you

Bye

Zainab