Chapter Five

Dedicated to FataiAlimotuModasola

***
Alex point of view:

I woke up at exactly my normal waking time. I took my bath and dressed up within 20minutes, I was rushing to the extent that I forgot my phone. I didn't know I was acting like I was infast motion until I got to the office. All in the name that I do t wanna be late on my first day at work.

I got to the office at 7:50am and I went straight to Mr Winslow's office, I was surprised to meet him at his office.

It seems he is a workaholic person. because I don't know the type of person that works in the morning before eight in the morning if not workaholic.

"Good morning sir" I greeted him.

"Why did you open my door without knocking?" His eyes are glued on his laptop. What? he has a computer and two personal computer on his table. Did he wants to kill himself? I am very sure he wants to kill him self with work. I rolled my eyes at his

"Did you just roll your eyes at me?" Oh no I wasn't rolling my eyes at him. I entered his office.

"No sir, I wasn't rolling my eyes at you" I paused unable to think of anything at the moment. "It is already my usual behaviour" I said and rolled my eyes again so that he can believe me then I saw a sparkling diamond ring on his finger. Wow he is married, that's great. I wonder how his family will bear his attitude. Well, that's not my business.

"You are just so impossible" He muttered as he looked at me for a while waiting for my reaction but I won't react, silly man.

"Where is my office, sir?" I asked him.

"Beside mine, left hand side.it is written boldly P.A" what? I applied for accountant not personal assistant.

"I applied for accountant not personal assistant, sir"

"If you are happy with it stay and if you are not happy with it, you can gladly leave. The door is right behind you" Whatever!

This man will be the end of me. I haven't done anything wrong for him not to give me the job I applied for. But damn, I really need this job for my needs.

"I am happy with it sir. Thanks" I fake smiled and I turned around and I went out of his office. I went to my left hand side beside his office. I saw it clearly P.A making sure it is the office he has described for me not another person's office. I turned the knob and I entered not believing my eyes.

The office is Beautiful and huge even bigger, I mean way bigger than the combination of my bedroom and bathroom. The wall is painted in a peach colour and there is Air-conditional which I love. And before my stand an office chair which looks comfortable and a table or should I say desk. The table has laptop, intercom,office clip etc. But it is filled with files. Why are there many files here's? Perhaps they must have forgotten them here. I went out of my office straight to Mr Winslow office and knocked it twice I heard a faint come in and I entered.

"Excuse me Sir, I saw a lot of files on my table so I want to inform you about it, should I bring them here or I should call the cleaner to throw them out into the garbage?"

"They are for you to work on. Analyse them, and correct the errors there.  start now or you will not go home early "

"Yes sir" Did he hate me to this extent? Or does he want me to be like   him? I was about to go out when he said:

"Wait, Miss winter there is a contract between you and the company" which contract is that. I wondered.

"Contract? Which one sir?" I asked in confusion.

"Come over and read it yourself " He pointed at the paper and I went to his desk and picked it up. The paper States:

*A contract between Mr Winslow.

* Miss winter will work for Mr Winslow for the minimum of two years

*Miss winter mustn't resign until she is sacked or she have used her two years completely or else she will be sued.

* There must be respect for the Employer by the employee

* Miss winter must not flirt with Mr Winslow or any her colleague in the office.

*No relationship is allowed in the company.

Thank you,

From the human resources,
Mr Bean.

And under the instructions is where I will sign.

"Have you read it correctly?" he looked up from his laptop and asked.

"Yes sir" I answered him The last thing I will ever do in my life is sleeping with my boss for money or flirting with him. I took the pen and signed where I  am suppose to sign.

"So your job is making me coffee,
Taking down notes during the conference meeting, receiving call, etc. You can ask Lizzy about the rest" He rubbed his temple I can see he is tired.

"Sir, can I go now?" I asked.

"NO stand there and watch me" He said sarcastically.

I opened the door of his office and about to go out when he said again:

"Hey bring me my coffee, ask Lizzy how it is made" if not that he is my boss, I will spit inside his stupid coffee or put pepper spray. With that I went out of his office. it's gonna be a long day.

*****

Please vote, comment, share and follow me up.

Love you all.

Zainab