Chapter twenty nine

Alex's point of view:

I stared at her for a while before looking around the restaurant. Well, the truth is that mind is not on the view of the restaurant but on her, she is a Muslim indeed, she rejected the menu since it is full of pork and her so called haram food, she ordered only soda. when she dropped the menu she looked up at me and smiled.

Well all I did was to frown, tell me the stuff you know about me and stop smiling; I have to pick up my son from his school.

"You are a Muslim?" I asked her. This is my first time communicating with a Muslim, hijabi to be precised.

"Yes, I am a Muslim" she replied as she smiled at me.

"Where are you from?" I asked her.

"Greece" she answered curtly.

"Are you living alone?" I asked her. She might be wearing a happy face but she seems like she feels lonely.

"Yes. Before you ask me about myself. I am schooling here, but I am from Thessaloniki." She explained.

"Okay? You came all the way from there, you must be lonely" I told her.

"I always do" she said.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked her.

"I don't have a family. The family I have is the Muslim community that took me in since when I was small, I didn't know my family. I don't even know my parents. I was taken in by the community. They are the family I know since I was going up and they are blessing to me from the almighty.

They told me the truth about my self. I don't know but since then I always wish I had my own family. I always wished until know that I realised that what I was doing was wrong. I should be thankful to the almighty Allah instead of being jealous of others, so I set out to make friends since most of students in my department never wants to make friend with me. Then I met you. I guess we can be friends" she narrated.

Her story hurts but she is lucky after all she was taken care of by some people.

"How old are you?" I asked her

"Twenty two years old." She replied.

"And what of you?" She asked.

"29 years old" I told her. She raised her eyes in surprise.

"You look so young to be of that age."

"Thank you"

"What is your name?" She asked.

"Alex and you?" I asked her.

"Aliyah" she said.

"So can you tell me what has been bugging you?" She stared at me like she is observing something.

Maybe telling will lesser the problem off my shoulders

"There is this that I had affair with five years ago. I was his personal assistant and he was my boss. I had affair with him despite knowing he was married.

I was so stupid in love with him that I didn't even think about the consequences of my actions.

I was warned about it but I decided to turn my deaf ears to the warning.

I got pregnant with his child but unfortunately for me he rejected us and chose his family over us. He gave me sum of money to abort the pregnancy and get out of his life. To sum it up well, we were exposed at the same time, I was tagged with bad names in the society. I was humiliated and he was spared.

The worst is that, I got disowned my my parents.

That was when I knew that my dignity, image and values had been damaged by my own stupid act. It was the time I knew I was a disgrace to motherhood and I was no body again. I left the city to start a new life with my child" I paused as I cleared my throat.