Chapter Two

Dedicated to av_a_lovely_kiss

Alex's point of view:

I spotted where the secretary area is and I went there. I hope she is nice because I am boiling in anger. It don't be nice if I vent my anger on her.

"Hi, my name is Alex winter and I came here for an interview. The receptionist directed me to this floor". I said politely. I am coming back to my senses.

"Call me lizzy, sit down there they will call for you when it is your turn" She pointed to an empty seat beside the ladies.

"Thank you" I smiled and she smiled back at me, So nice of her I hope we can be friends if I get the job.

I took my sit. A man who is around his late forties, dressed in a professional outfit came to call the next person. Fortunately I was the one.

Thank God I came on time. Seriously, I am a bit nervous. I followed him glancing at the beautiful painted walls and designs. We reached a point and he stopped and I followed his league by stopping.  

"We are here Miss Winter, you can go inside. The boss is expecting you" He paused and held his laughter.
Why is holding back his laughter? Is there anything wrong with him? Perhaps  he is PBA patient.

"I wish you best of luck." With that, he left me alone in the front of the office.

I stood in for the of the security  and I saw the name written boldly on top of the door  with pure gold  'Mr Winslow the CEO.'

I knocked the door three times I heard a silent 'come in'. 

I entered the office without noticing the person seated on the table. I bowed my head a little as a sign of respect for CEO. I can't just come inside someone's office and start looking around.

"Ashamed of looking at me now? Or perhaps you are regretting of indulting the great Richard Winslow who can destroy you and you family with a tap of finger." The man said angrily. I looked up to look at the person who just talked.

He is the man from the Elevator.

Nice one Alex, you are not getting this job. Look what you got yourself into. Your mom will rip you alive if you tell her that you can get the job.

So, The man I abused is the great Richard Winslow.

I know for the fact that I am not going to get this job but I have to be brave before him so I can let him know I am not a person he can downgrade.

"Good morning, I came for interview and I am sorry sir. I didn't know you are not a person I can correct for good manners. Can I have my seat, sir?" He sends glares towards me with his blue eyes. His hatred towards me is obvious.

His glares sends shivers towards me.

"Sure you can, But you have to know  that this will be your first and last time sitting there" he said in disinterest.

So arrogant!

"Your CV? Or do you think you will just be hanging you mouth there we are not joking here, understood?" He asked.

"Yes sir?" I said in form of question. I rolled my eyes before taking out my CV.

"Did you just roll your eyes at me?"  he caught me.

"NO sir, I was just staring at the beautiful designs in your office. Here is my CV" I handed him my files.

After checking my CV, He frowned at it. 

What?

I am an excellent student and personand my Cv is good.

I am very sure he is looking for a way not to employ me though so I don't think I will be employed.

"Your Cv is good" He frowned why did he frown oh I get it, he didn't meet his expectation.

"Thank you sir" I hate him.

"You graduated from the field of accounting but I can't employ you"  he said.

What? My Cv is good I was even was given scholarship to the college.

"Sir my CV is good and I know you like it please just give me the job" I paused.

"Or is it because I corrected you? Oh my! I am sorry but you don't talk to people like that" I said to him calmly.

"No matter how rich you are sir,that doesn't give you the privilege to look down at people. I would have corrected a million times if that is what you want. It is is okay. But sorry to say sir. You were wrong and it was my pleasure to correct you" I said so calmly and looked at him right in his eyes.

"And so bad you will be losing a good and potential Accountant like me." I shook my head negatively

 "Shut up the fuck up and get out of my office"  He threw My CV at me.

"Get out before I call the security, who are you to talk to me like that" he asked. Well I can give him the best answer to that question.

 "I am Alex winter, I will get out but don't dare to yell at me. I have met with nuisances like you before, you find it hard to accept your mistakes.  Anyway, I don't need your stupid job, keep it to your self" I lied. I need the God damn job.

With that I went out of his office.

My confidence and mouth killed me again. This is my last up and I messed it up.

I am doomed.

****

Please vote, comment, share and don't forget to follow me up.

Have a nice day/night ahead.

Zainab.