Chapter One

THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO ZainabAbimbola0 for voting and commenting.

Happy reading

Alex point of view:

My alarm rang into my into my left ear indicating that It is time to wake up, 5:30am. Groaning, I lazily stood up and I went to the mirror for checking and staring at my self and I do that everyday..

This is me. Alexandre winter, you can call me Alex because I prefer the shorten one: a sharped tongue girl with long lashes and green eyes which I inherited from my mom, I inherited my hair colour from my dad which is black and I have a deep dimples and a pointed nose. To me, I am beautiful and I admire myself everyday. I admire myself no matter where I am most especially when I am checking my self out in the mirror.

I am the only child of my parents and my life isn't lonely or boring because I am always with my parents. So to me, they are like my mates.

But my mom is not that fond of my because she said I am not a boy and I can't keep this surname for ever like a male child does.

(All children are blessed, don't ever say you don't love your kid because his or her gender is not what you expect) That's a lame and stupid reason though.

My father just lost his job so I have to work to stop him from depression. we were normal family before this incident of his job. so since he lost his job, my mom he's here the breadwinner of the family and she has been complaining about me being a lazy a**.

Apart from him being depressed, I also want a job in order t buy a new car for him. He has been complaining about his old car so I really want to surprise by handling the car key to him on Christmas day. I wasn't able to give him on his birthdaay because I was unemployed so I ought to give him on Christmas day.

I have been going to from one interview to another but I am not employed because either of my mouth, I didn't reach to there expectations or I come late to the interview. But I want to show my parents that I can cater for their needs. And that I am not the lazy brat my mom do call me.

Oh no! I have a job interview today. I ran to the toilet to that my bath and I was done there within five minutes I dressed into my new office skirt and a long sleeve shirt. After that I put on my suit. I have to look presentable . I put my mascara and my nude lipstick. Now I am ready for the interview.

I went out of of my room with my bag and my documents straight to the kitchen, I cooked my breakfast and put my parents' food inside the microwave.

"Your food are inside the microwave, Am off to the interview, bye" I yelled loudly to let them know I am already going

I guess they are not yet awake.

I went out of the house to the busy street of Arizona, five minutes later I saw a cab and boarded it to the company I had interview.

"Where to madam?" The driver asked. I told him the address and he drove off. I was so nervous about this interview. Throughout the ride I was staring out of the window praying and thinking about the interview.
My mind is far gone, I was staring at nothing in particular. I am lost in my own world.

Ten minutes later I stood at Winslow enterprise, the richest company in this country.

The family is very rich, they are multi - billionaire and they are well known all over the world. Their products reign all over the world be especially in North America, South America, Asia, Europe and Africa. They produce jewelries, they have GSM company, Transportation business like Shipping .They also produce clothes. They have their own textile industry. They involve in many businesses.

The heir of this family Richard Winslow is the second richest person in this continent (North America). The richest person in this continent is Lucas Dayson, a mafia leader or whatsoever, that's not my business though.

I haven't seen Richard Winslow before because I don't like listening to news about the celebrities or watching their news. So I prefer watching korean movies that watching irrelevant news. So I get to meet him today.

To me, everything is possibe in life but not until I started searhing for work. I pray I get this job because job is very difficult to get here.

The Winslow's really pay their employees pretty good and they provide them a house and a car. But I want neither house nor car. I don't wanna leave my parents and I don't know how to drive. All I want now is money.

I went inside the company to the reception area. The receptionist is chewing gum like a s**t. Most of the receptionists I have met during my job interview are nothing but a pain in the neck. They are always somehow bitchy

Her face is caked with make up but she he'd a smile on her face when she saw me coming.

"Hello, what can I do for you?" she asked politely.

"I came for interview" I told her.

She smiled again, my suspicion was wrong. I thought that she would be like other wicked and Shitty receptionists I have met so far.

"My name is Eva Miller, the interview is taking place at the 28th floor, Nice meeting you"

"Likewise, thanks" I smiled. I now feel guilty of the wrong accusation I made against her.

I went straight to the elevator and went there.

There were a lot of staff or people inside when I entered, I pressed number 28 and moved back.

But unfortunately, when I wanted to move back I bumped into a man and stepped on his shoe.

"I am so sorry" I instantly apologised to him.

"Are you blind? you just stepped on my shoe" he asked arrogantly. Excuse me brother, I have already apologised already.

"Am sorry, I was rushing." I said politely.

"Yeah, I know you have apologized, but do you know how much it cost? I am very sure you won't be able to get half of the money if you work your ass off every day for a year." He hissed and muttered a curse under his breath.

Girl that was too much for me to bear.

"Excuse me, mister, I have already apologized for my mistake and you are still blabbering about this small issue. Even though I can't afford this shoe. Only foolish people like you will buy what is so useless to you, and that is why you are venting your aggression on me. I wasn't the one that advised you to buy it. What an indolent man!" I scoffed.

"Do you realise the person you are talking to?" he asked in anger.

I got to study his face. Fuck it! This man is so damn handsome. If it wasn't for my standard, I would have jumped at him right now.

"Yeah, a man like other men inside this elavator and you are standing before me so why won't I realise the oik am talking to" I asked almost putting my hand on his nose

"You know what, there is no point talking stupid person like you" I said.

This is bad luck. I shouldn't be arguing with any one on the day of my interview.

When I looked around most of the people have their jaw dropped and some are giving me 'you crazy?' look. And some are holding back their laughters.

The lift dinged and most of the people are going out of the lift so he had to shift next me to create some space for them, I moved back for them, but I slightly move closer to him.

Unfortunately my hand touched his hand I felt tinglings on my hand, I adjusted my hand from his. What does that mean?

When most of the staffs went out, we were fewer in the lift so there were enough space for me to move away from him.

The lift got to the 28th and it opened, I went out of the lift but I can feel stares and glaring some people are throwing at me. But I don't care all I want to know is to locate the secretary area. I need this job.

This is my last hope.

*****

Please vote, comment, share and don't forget to follow me up

Zainab