Chapter fifty three (3.9)

Please don't forget to vote, comment share and follow me up.

Love you all

Happy reading...

Alex's point of view:

"Okay. I have something to tell you Alex" he said.

"What's that?" I asked with curiosity.

"I have been meaning to tell you for a long period of time. But I have been waiting for the perfect time but I don't think I can wait any longer,I have to tell you" he said.

What does he mean by that?

"I like you Alex, infact I have been in love with you for a while. I want us to be together. I will take the responsibility of Xander's being my son. I will treat you like a queen. Please Alex, consider me" he said.

I knew this was coming my way and I am prepared for it.

"I am sorry James but you already know my answer to what you just said and it will always be my answer. You have been my friends since and I have considered you as a friend. A friend I can rely on. A friend that has always been there for me and I have the faith that you will still be there for me. I want you to move on and find a woman suitable for you because I am not. The woman that will define your worth and design you. Please let's just get over with this" I told him sincerely.

"Is it because of Richard?" His facial expression changed to pure hatred and distaste.

"No, it is because of my choice and he has nothing to do with it. Please just don't drag him into this matter. There is nothing between us and there will be nothing between us. This discussion is about the two of us, so let's it remain like that. I chose who I want to be and I have chosen to live my life without any man. So please stop it already" I said with little annoyance.

"Fine" then he left.

***

James' point of view:

My phone buzzed inside my pocket, I brought it out and checked the caller. 'Private number' it is boldly written on my screen.

Who could be calling me with private number?

I picked it up.

"Rejection hurts a lot especially when you get your hopes high for such a thing" a female voice came alive from the other line.

"Who is this?" I asked.

"Does who am I matters to you now. You can know me later but right now, you shouldn't give up so easily on what you have been dreaming of. You should make her yours" she said slowly with lots of motives laced in her tone.

"I will hang up now" I said with frustration.

"You can if that is what will please you. But I suggest you should stop being coward and face reality. You have been dreaming about having since eternity. Since when you broke her heart,since when you realised how important she is to you and you just want to give up on her now. That's so unfair. Tell what if she is testing you?" She said villainously.

"No, she is not testing me. Alex is a word of her words." I objected angrily. A couple passed by me with a weird expression, I guessed I yelled than I thought I did. This is an hospital for crying out loud. There shouldn't be any noise. I walked out of the lobby area and went out of the hospital. I sat inside my car to hear her clearly.

"Fine, I agree but you will be hurt when Richard who doesn't deserve her get her to himself and you who deserves is left with nothing. The feeling will be like an injury that fails to heal when it is supposed to. You will always want to move on but you will dragged back by the past and the decision you made." she is already confusing me.

"Why did you call me?" I asked out of blue. Or not out if blue. She might be expecting that question.

"That's the question I have been waiting for my dear ,I am calling you because of the respect I have for you. You have been a great man I promise. You didn't let your feelings get the best of you. Well done. I have called you to assist you in getting Alex. I will help you make her yours and there is no one that will separate you from each after when the mission is accomplished" she more of smirked at the end of her words.

"So how will you help me and what should I do?. How is it going to work?" I asked.

"Leave my part to me,your part is the most crucial part In this mission and it is very simple,all you have to do is to spy on them, everywhere they go, you must have full details of it and for sure, I will be doing my part here." She said.

"That's so simple but let me ask you, why are you doing this? What's your motive?" I asked with curiosity. She can't just call me for the sake of her being a good Samaritan. That's not possible.

"I love that question and I have been expecting that too. He is so dear to me like she is dear to you. That's all I can for now. Like I said, you will get to know me better when you trust each other. So deal?" She asked like it is one business deal.

"Okay fine, deal" I said. Then the call was cut off

That's so rude of her.

But I wonder who she is and what her major motive is.

Alex's point of view:

"Dad" I said to him. Mom just finished cleaning him up and he has requested to see me. Isn't that a good pleasure? "I miss you dad" I held his hand to my chest and placed a kiss on it.

"I miss you too." He said silently. I understand that he couldn't talk so well. He is still feeling much pain due to the surgery. He shouldn't be stressed out.

"You shouldn't stress your self, dad. We will talk later" I said.

"I never planned it like this. I always wanted us to meet again in the best condition. I have saved money for your arrival. I wanted us to celebrate and have family time and perhaps go on a vacation and catch up with things we have missed. But who can fight destiny. This is what destiny wants. I am sorry Alex" He said.

Don't argue with me if I tell you that he is the best dad in the world. He is for sure the best in the world. He was even planning something magnificent upon my arrival.

I love him to the core.

"Don't stress yourself out over that. We can still have that as long as we are alive." I said.

"Do you have faith?" He smiled. I smiled back. I am so happy that he is enjoying this moment.

"Yes. I have a strong faith" I boosted.

"This is so unlike of you. When do you start to have faith?" He whined.

"Since he answered my prayer" I said.

"That's nice. Always believe and have faith in God, okay? He is the almighty, he loves those who believe in him." He said.

A single tear rolled down to his ear, I wiped the tear with my thumb.

"Why are you crying?" I asked.

"I am just happy. Happy tear" he smiled brightly. I smiled along with him.

My phone buzzed in my back pocket Indicating a new message, I brought it out to check the message.

It is from James. I tapped on it to read it.

'Can we at least have a date, and I promise to move on' the message says.

I decided not to reply it because my answer is negative. I pressed the switch button and put it back inside the pocket.

I want to enjoy this moment with my dad.

****

Please vote, comment, share and don't forget to follow me up.

What do you think about this chapter? Comment.

Have a nice night/day ahead.

Love you all

Zainab Ibn Fatai