Chapter forty nine (3.5)

Please vote, comment and follow me up. (On Instagram as Zainab_writes14)

Alex point of view:

"Congratulations, the surgery was successful he is in the recovery room. But there is not tendency that he will wake up soon but he is out of danger." The doctor said. I couldn't even process what to do next.

But I smiled. THE SURGERY WAS SUCCESSFUL, Thank you God.

"Really?" I managed to ask.

"Yes, well it was a miracle that it a success. It has always be hard and difficult to perform a surgery like this. In fact most surgeries like this are mostly unsuccessful. That was a narrow escape despite the low probability of it being successful. Congrats once again" The doctor narrated.

"Thank you doctor" My mom said beside me.

I wish he was here to witness the good news.

"Excuse me please" he said as he went away.

"The doctor must be tired. They spent almost six hours in the surgery room" My mom said.

"Where is Xander?" She asked trying to start a conversation.

"He is with his father" I replied without looking at her side.

"Richard and yourself must be getting along after your disagreements" she said.

"Mom please not now" I said as I rubbed my forehead. I am in no position to to argue with her.

"I am also not in the position, but I want us to spend time together and.." I cut her off.

"Excuse me" I said as I stood up and made my way out. The atmosphere with her is still very tense. I need some fresh air.

"Ah" I exclaimed as I breath in fresh hair. My phone buzzed up. I picked it from my pocket and check the caller.

"Hello James" I greeted him.

"I am at your house right not but it seems no one is at home" he said.

"Yes, we are at the hospital, my dad is sick." I told him.

"Oh my! So where is the hospital and what's the name of the hospital" he asked

"You don't have to worry. Thanks for your concern but I have to go now. I will call you later." I hang up the phone.

I kicked the the air.

"You look happy" A voice said. I don't bother looking back since I know the owner.

"It was successful." I smiled at no one in particular.

"Congratulations" he said.

"Thank you." I looked around him.

"Where is Xander?" I asked worried.

"I took him home when I went home the other time." He explained.

"Who did you leave him with?" I asked as I folded my hand on my chest.

"Bella and Piper" he replied curtly.

"Who are they?" I asked him with curiosity.

"Bella is my housekeeper while piper, you know her. She is my child" I nodded.

"Piper? I thought.." I was cut off.

"I took her in and adopted her. She has always been a child I can't live with. Our bond is tight since I first held in my arms. And now she got to know her brother. Isn't it a wonderful feeling?" I nodded in agreement.