Chapter Thirty

Alex's point of view:

On getting home, I went straight to my room putting the bag in a drawer. I don't even know what to do with it so I have to keep it away.  I took a shower and ran straight to the kitchen to prepare lunch.  Xander would be here any moment from now. 

Moments later I put the dish in the cooler to prevent it from getting cold. After placing the cooler gently on the kitchen cabinet, I went out to the. Living room. I wonder why Xander isn't back from his friend's house by this time he would have been back.  He promised never to leave me alone.  I can still remember clearly how he promised me. I smiled as I recalled the scene.

*

Just a year ago, It was in the morning when I  couldn't find Xander beside me on our bed. I panicked, waves of tension drowned over me.  I stood up from the bed, then I became calm all of a sudden thinking that he was in the bathroom. I didn't even bother to check the toilet knowing my son wouldn't like me peeking at him when he is at the toilet.

I sat on the bed waiting for him to come out of the bathroom though I didn't hear any sound from the toilet , no sound of running tap or any sound from him but to reassure myself I believed he was in the toilet, moments were wasted while waiting for him and that got me pissed off, I bet to the toilet but he wasn't there.  I ran straight to the living room to check for him there but he wasn't freaking there. At that moment I was lost, I didn't know what to do,  I was just standing there like a dumb person. I turned to the door and I saw it open. That increased the level of my panic. I started crying knowing that my son has never done anything like this before,  he has never left me alone on that bed when he wakes up, he would rather wake me up by himself. Xander has never left the door open since the day he started opening that door by himself.  My thought was that he was kidnapped.. As the thought came over me I cried my eyes out,  I rushed to the nearest police station in the street without putting on slippers. I filed a complaint about my missing son but they said they couldn't take action since it wasn't up to 24 hours. I went away from there and started knocking on the neighbors' doors asking them for my missing son, some cursed, some didn't even answer they just shut the door in my face, while some replied to me giving a negative answer and some pitied me. Why won't they,  they are parents also.

I went back to my apartment and sat on the pouch shouting my baby's name.  Later on I saw him coming towards me smiling seriously. I thought it was a dream not until he came closer and closer. As he knelt down to my level, his smile faded.  I wasn't even sure of what to do at the moment.  He touched my face and said:

"Why are you crying, mom?" he wiped my face off and sat on my knees

"Where did you go? Did anyone harm you? Who carried you away from my side? Where have you been?" I asked him with my teary eyes I couldn't even control it any longer. I burst into tears again. I can't afford to lose him,  he is the only thing I have, he is my life,  he is The only thing that keeps me alive, without him I am just a dumb being always haunted by her past.

"It is okay mom,  stop crying or I will start crying too." Hearing that I stopped,  I know my son is always the boy of his words. 

"Sorry I made you cry.  I was the one that left the house.  Bella told us that her parents bought a new bicycle for her but she is only allowed to show us before she is going to school, so she told us to come early to see it. If I had known this would happen, I would not have gone there, I am sorry mama."

"It is okay, I hope you are not hurt" I checked his body and he seems okay

"No mama"

"let get you inside and prepare for school" 

As we got inside the bedroom,  I started removing his clothes to bathe him knowing my son won't allow that to happen. 

"Mom,  I don't like you crying but I am always the cause of your crying." he said feeling down 

"No no, you are not. You are always the reason for my smiles and laughters. So don't say that to yourself, understood?"

He nodded and smiled but seemed in a deep thought. 

"Mommy I promise never to leave you alone again. I will always be there for you and protect you.  I will become your Spiderman and fight against the enemies like Spiderman did, okay?" he said and I nodded, smiling at his words. He made me forget my sorrows in life. 

That day I made him my messiah.

*

Now where is he? I searched the whole house but he isn't in the house.  I sat down on the sofa in the living resting, I am so tired right now.  I know my son isn't far away, probably still with his friends.  

I heard voices From the outside so I stood up to check those who were there. 

I opened the door and I couldn't believe what was before me. Richard, Xander and other kids playing basketball in the compound and many people living in the are watching them like an audience.  What the hell is he doing here?