Chapter Six

Alex's pov

I completed the files and I made sure there are nothing wrong with them I even checked them over and over again because I don't want my silly boss to complain about them and ask me to do them again. I checked the time and it was 10 minutes after our closing time.

I went to his door with all the files in my hands so I didn't bother to knock. He was talking to someone on his phone I guess it is his wife because of the kisses, romantic words and his smiles. This is my first time to see him smiling. I used the opportunity to look closing to him and memorised his face, hair and muscles. He has a brown hair, blue eyes and also he has a pointed nose his lip is so sensual that makes me want to kiss him. Also a defined jaw wow. What the fuck? I am thinking about rubbish. I can't believe I am imagining my self with him. My boss, married boss to be precised.

"Miss winter, stop staring" I didn't know he has finished calling.Oh! what a disgrace. I immediately composed my self and put the files on his table.

"I am done with these files and I have your schedule for this week. Can I go sir?" I asked I am fucking tired.

"Yes you can go, but if you make a single mistake in these files, you will start all over."

"Good night sir" With that I went out of his office. I ran to mine and carried my bag even I ran to the lift so I won't hear my name being called by him.

I went out of the company. I have have been waiting for the past 5 minutes for a cab to board but there ain't any. My foot are paining me, this heel is a leg killer. I heard a sound of a car beside me but I didn't bother check or see the car.

"Alex" I heard my name. It is James. OMG.

"Hey James, what's up?" I faked smiled. I don't know why he is stalking me, I mean we are done, can't he even understand and respect that fact? I will make sure he won't get back to me.

"To earth, Alex" he waved his finger before me, I got my attention on him now. "you have been standing here for the past five minutes. And I know you are uncomfortable so as a gentleman I want to give you a lift to your house." He emphasised the last words. I won't enter his car. Not even over my dead body.

"Thank you but you know, my lift is coming" I said to him hoping he will go away soon.

"You have been standi....." An audible honk interrupted him. Thank God.

We both looked at the direction of the honk. My eyes widened when I saw Mr Winslow in the car as he rolled down his car window.

The expression on his face was blank. Shit! but this is my opportunity to get out of this trash.

"What are you guys doing here? It is already dark and it is a bit dangerous" he said gently but still glaring at me and James.

"Actually Mr Winslow, his car has a problem so he already called his car mechanic before you got here, you don't have to worry about him. His repairer is on his way, but as for me, I have been waiting for my lift since. So please will you give me a lift, sir?" I lied, asking him with my best puppy facial expression.

He scowled but I ignored it. James wanted to talk but was interrupted by Mr Winslow. I love this.

"Okay, get in but as for you, make it snappy it is already late" he whined up his glass after his speech. Victory!

No one messes with Alex Winter. I went to the other side of the car and opened the passenger door, and I got in.

"Your address?" he asked without glancing at me, he is concentrating on the road. I told him my address.

"I guessed you used me to get out that situation" Shit he know.

I looked out of the window without replying him.

****

Please vote, comment, share and don't forget to follow me up.

Love you all

Zainab