Chapter forty one

Alex's point of view:

Today is the day. The day that might change my life forever. It Is either I lose my son to that despicable man or I win the custody of my child.

I wiped the single tear that rolled down my cheek.

I dressed up and also dressed up for my child. After I was done I left the house for the court.

The court was just a 10 minutes away from my apartment. Immediately I got down from the cab that took me to the court, my heart sped more than its usual rate.

The first step that I took towards didn't just happen without tears, maybe I should back off before it is too late. The man I am competing with is more and more and more powerful than me. I should have taken his advice yesterday but my stubbornness and ego won't let me.

I looked away, when I saw no one that is familiar to my existence I turned back and started walking faster than usual with my Alexander beside me trying to run away.

God

Help

Me

I prayed.

"Alex, the entrance is right here. There is no way there" I stopped on my track, I looked back, I saw Richard, James and two other people dressed in lawyer outfit, I assume they are lawyers.

"Mom, you grabbed me now my legs are hurting" Alexander said.

I lower my self to his length and checked his legs. His left toe is bruised. What have I done goodness?

"I am sorry Alexander, I didn't know what came over me, I am so sorry my love" I sobbed. He hugged me.

"I am okay mom. It's okay. Now let's go over there look dad is waiting for us with gosh dirty uncle" he said the last part with hatred which is unknown to him as a small child.

I wiped my tears and stood up. I carried him and walked towards the people waiting for me in humiliation.

I am embarrassed of my own very action.

"Easy alex" James said as he came beside me. I could see Richard clenching his jaw in anger but who cares about that.

"Meet Mr Kart, our beloved lawyer. Mr kart, this is your client miss Alex winter. Alex, like I told you he is one of the most powerful lawyer in Greece so you don't have to worry, we are winning this case for sure." James boosted. I faked smile to him.

"Won't you like to meet me as well I mean us as well. You see I am known as Mr Wright and this is my client Mr Richard Winslow. As you all know he is one of the richest businessmen on earth and I am his friend and his lawyer for a long period of time, so you should know my position." he said smilingly. Richard smacked his head to shut him up but he made sure she said it all.

If he is Richard's friend, then he will be one of the powerful lawyers on earth because Richard is one of the most powerful businessmen on earth.
Oh what I am done for.

"Nice meeting you" I said

"You too mi'lady" british accent I see.

"Okay let's go inside, it is already time." Mr Kart, my lawyer said.

"Yes we should go in" James said holding my hand gently.

"Sure" Richard said. Alexander left my side for Richards arm. He carried Alexander in his arms and walked towards the court room.

I sighed

I am damn nervous. The probability of believing in my self is so low.

'God please help me this very time and I promise I would turn to a new leaf'