♡︎ Next Chapter ~ Zorbyn ♡︎

Ship(s): Zorbyn (Zach and Corbyn)

Prompt: Zach is scared to turn to the next chapter because he knows the next chapter no longer contains Corbyn

Famous or nah: nah

-3rd person POV-

"Zach, come on, get up," Jonah softly said as he walked into Zach's room.

The room being completely dark. Even with the California sun being out and about. The curtains made sure to block out any sun light.

"Please go away," Zach groaned as he pulled the blankets over his head. Jonah sighed as he sat on the bed beside Zach's body.

Jonah frowned as he noticed the state Zach was in. Not just physically but also emotionally and mentally.

All it took was one night for Zach to lose himself completely. He lost his other half. It was one summer night. The group of five guys went out to enjoy their last summer before college. But a summer night of fun quickly turned into a night of terror.

The group had been blasting their songs as they drove down the road when out of nowhere, a delivery truck hit them. Hitting Corbyn's side dead on, killing him on impact. Zach saw his boyfriend be killed right in front of his eyes. And the trauma that followed after has yet to pass. Zach suffered a few broken bones as long as Jack, jonah was in a full body cast while Daniel slipped into a coma for two months. Yet they all suffered from trauma.

But Zach, oh Zach. He had yet to compose himself even a little. He was stuck in that situation. In that night that ruined and took away his everything.

"Zach please," Jonah sighed.

"It's been a year Zach, please move forward in your life." Jonah said as Zach sat up quickly.

"Don't you dare bring that night back." Zach said as he glared at jonah.

"You're stuck in that night!" Jonah yelled, his anger forming. "You think we weren't impacted by it either! We were and still are! But Corbyn wouldn't want us to live life like you are!" Jonah yelled.

"Don't bring him into this!" Zach yelled.

"Get a grip of your life Zach! I know it hurts but he's not coming back!" Jonah yelled as tears stained his cheeks. "I pray everyday he does but he's not. And it's something we are going to have to live with. It crushes my soul, my body, my everything! But he's not coming back." Jonah yelled as Zach's tears were stained with tears.

"Stop talking about him! I know he's not coming back okay! I lost my other half, my soulmate!" Zach yelled.

"But I can't keep moving forward." Zach said as his voice broke.

"Why not? I'm not questioning your grieving process Zach. I'm not as much you think I am. I understand. We lost him too. I just don't understand why you don't put effort into getting help. If you need it, we will be here." Jonah said as he sat next to Zach, all their anger being replaced by sadness.

"I don't want to move forward." Zach shook his head.

"Why not?" Jonah questioned his friend.

"What if in the middle of moving forward, I forget him. What if I forget his touch, his lips, his hugs, his love for space, his love for his family, his love for us, what if I forget us." Zach cried his heart out.

"Listen to me Zach," Jonah stated firmly as he grabbed Zach's cheek to make Zach look at him.

"You will never forget Corbyn. No one can. His kind soul lives in us. We will never let you forget him. He's watching over you. And he's hating how you have decided to throw away you life. He lives in all of us Zach. There's no way we can ever forget him." Jonah said softly.

"I'm so terrified and petrified of the next chapter. That's why I don't want to move forward." Zach confessed.

"You're scared to start a new chapter?" Jonah asked softly as Zach nodded his head in response.

"Why?" Jonah asked in a hushed tone, pulling Zach's body into his for a hug.

"Corbyn won't ever be in another chapter of mine or anyone's ," Zach sobbed his heart out as jonah let silent tears run his cheeks, reality hitting him as well.

And with that, two best friends laid in bed, sobbing at the thought of the next chapter. Because in the next chapter or the ones remaining in their lives, there is no more a Corbyn besson because Corbyn Besson's book is finished. And there is no sequel to his story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This one be a little deep y'all lmao! But I hope you enjoyed it!

Also! NEVER QUESTION SOMEONE'S GRIEVING PROCESS! I don't give a damn who you are, u have absolutely no right to tell someone how to grief. Grieving is one of the hardest things someone can go through in life. This goes to anyone weather they are famous, an influencer, a celebrity, or just a normal person bc guess what? WE ARE ALL HUMAN AND WE ALL HAVE FEELINGS!

Anyways :)

Vote

Comment

And follow me

-mariana

I love you all so much!