︎ ♡ ︎Hundred & Twenty Days ~ Donah ♡︎

Ship(s): donah (Jonah and Daniel)

Prompt: in which it took Daniel a hundred and twenty days to let Jonah go but now Jonah wants to come back

Famous or nah: nah

Daniel's POV

"Hello," I said into my phone after I slide the accept button.

"Daniel," the person breathed out as my breath hitched.

"Jonah," I said, shocked.

"W-W-Why are you calling?" I stumbled over my words as I spoke to my used to be best friend.

"I miss you," he softly chuckled. "Isn't it stupid how I am the one calling when I basically forced you out of my life after you confessed your feelings to me." He added in as I frowned.

"Are you alright?" I asked him as I heard him sniffle.

"No," he laughed softly as I heard the hurt in his voice.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, pushing away any hatred I had for him. He was my friend first before I liked him.

"I like you Daniel," he said as his voice cracked.

"No! You can't do this to me Jonah." I said after a minute of silence on both ends, my anger building up.

"It took me a hundred and twenty days to let you go. So why are you calling, wondering about the person you used to know?" I said as my voice cracked, the overwhelming feeling hitting me.

"After all this time, I never thought you would still be wondering about what you said you never wanted." I sniffled out.

"I still remember that night you told me. It felt like a hundred and twenty minutes on the phone with you. You kept taking in circles but I understood because you were never really good with words. I don't want to see you hurt Dani." Jonah softly said.

"You're the reason I'm hurt. You're the one who hurt me." I whispered yelled as my voice cracked. "But the more you try to make it easy, it only makes it worse." I told him as I looked up at my ceiling that was being lit up by my tv that had been playing a show on mute since I had accepted Jonah's call.

"A hundred and twenty days, I thought I had it under control. But now you're saying you miss me and I have to start again." I told him as a tear slid down my cheek.

"Let's start over, us, together, please Daniel," Jonah said as his voice cracked causing me to close my eyes tight.

"We can't start over Jonah." I softly whispered. "We have to let it go." I said as my voice cracked as well. "We have to leave each other alone." I added in after a few deep breaths.

"How can I leave you alone when you have been the one since the beginning. It just took me time to see that, please Daniel. How could I ever just let it go? Even when we didn't talk, you never left me alone. You were always on my mind, all the time. Daniel, please." Jonah begged as I could just imagine tears falling down his beautiful green eyes.

"I hate it. I waited so long for you to understand that we had it, that magic, now it's to late to start again." I sobbed out, my hand flying to cover my mouth so my sobs could be quiet.

"Daniel, please don't say that. We can start again. You just have to give us a chance. Give me a chance. Please Daniel," Jonah said as he also sobbed out, my heart breaking even more.

"No, I hate it. I waited and you waited, now you gotta let it end." I sobbed out before hanging up. Immediately blocking the number before he could call me again. I let myself go under the blankets and lay my head down as tears fell down my cheeks. My pillow catching my tears.

A hundred and twenty days, now I gotta start again. I tried so hard for him to see that we had something. Something so rare and he ignored me. Forced me out of his life and now he wants me. After I took a hundred and twenty days to finally let him go.

"I hate it. He waited. Now we gotta let it end." I told myself as I slowly let me eyes drop. Tired from all the crying and exhausted from all the overwhelming feelings.

A hundred and twenty days start again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gonna start trying to update each of my books weekly :)

Vote

Comment

And follow me

-Mariana

I love you guy so much

I don't think anyone understands just how much this man means to me

I don't think anyone understands just how much this man means to me. There is just not enough words nor time to explain it all tbh.