♡ The Necklace~Jorbyn ♡

Ship(s): Jorbyn (Jonah and Corbyn)

Prompt: in which when two people are dating, the gifts you buy for one another are meant for them. You don't regret buying it for them

Famous or nah: nah

-3rd person POV-

It had been a week since the "it" couple of high school had called it quits. It was the most talked about breakup. No one saw it coming. Jonah and Corbyn. The it couple of their school. You either adored them or you envied them. No in between.

A week ago they called it quits. They had been dating since 7th grade and broke up their senior year. It was a total bomb shell. But graduation was coming up and both had very different ideas for their own future. So they decided to take a break.

Corbyn was staring at the fish tank filled with clown fish. He was on a school field trip with his science class. His partner was suppose to be Jonah seeing as this trip was planned prior to their break up.

Jonah had wondered off with his friends. But Corbyn didn't mind. He couldn't stand the tension between them anymore.

His hands went towards the Necklace that hung down his neck. The "j" gold. It was given to him by Jonah when they made things official. Jonah wore a "c" around his neck. His fingers fiddled with the "j", it was a habit for Corbyn at this point. He often doesn't even notice it when he's doing it unless someone points it out.

Corbyn hadn't had the heart to take it off just yet. Once he did, it would hit Corbyn that the breakup was real. And he wasn't sure if he was able to go down that road just yet.

As Corbyn admired the fishes, Jonah stood at the doorway. His eyes admiring Corbyn. Jonah didn't want to breakup but he and Corbyn knew it was for the best. Jonah still loved Corbyn and he always will. Corbyn was and is his first love.

"Hey," Jonah whispered once he stood next to Corbyn.

"Hi," Corbyn whispered.

"How are you?" Jonah asked.

"Denial," Corbyn chuckled as Jonah did the same with a nod.

"I feel ya," Jonah nodded.

"I'm always here for you, you know," Corbyn said.

The whole class stood outside. They couldn't help themselves. Everyone was dying to know what had happened. Corbyn and Jonah hadnt said anything to anyone expect for their best friends. They didn't see why they had to. It was no one's business but their own. It was their relationship, no one else's.

"I know," Jonah sighed.

"We might not be lovers but I know your past jo, don't let yourself go. If you ever, and I mean ever, need me, I'll be there. You've been through hell and back, Ive been there every step of the way, and I will continue to be." Corbyn said as he grabbed Jonah's hand.

"Thanks bean," Jonah said as he looked over at Corbyn.

"My pleasure," Corbyn laughed as Jonah did too. It was their own little joke. Corbyn worked at chick-fil-a and Jonah would always says things to make Corbyn say my pleasure to annoy him. But both knew that Corbyn secretly liked it.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Do you want this back?" Corbyn asked as he brought the attention to his necklace.

"No, keep it. It was a gift meant for you. I don't regret buying anything for you. It's yours to keep," Jonah said.

"You haven't taken it off?" Jonah asked after a few moments of silence.

"I'm not ready to face reality," Corbyn softly whispered as he looked down at the j.

"I haven't either," Jonah said as he pulled out the "c" from his shirt.

"Well always be connected somehow," Jonah said as Corbyn nodded.

Giving Jonah's hand a tight squeeze.

"I'm sorry things had to end like this," Corbyn whispered.

"I understand. I just hope we meet again someday. Your my angel, you saved my life," Jonah said.

"You've saved my life too Jonah." Corbyn said as he looked up at Jonah.

"Thank you for the memories, for everything," Corbyn whispered softly.

"Thank you for all that you have done for me," Jonah said.

"Thank you for letting me feel loved for the first time," Jonah added in as his voice cracked. His parents had thrown themselves into work once Jonah could do things on his own. That's when Corbyn came into the picture. Jonah wasn't used to being shown loved. His parents would simply buy him anything he wanted.

"I'll see you in the future, I promise," Corbyn said as he gave Jonah a tight hug. Their fingers still interlocked at the side.

"Take care of yourself Corbyn, please don't go back to your old self," Jonah said, referring to Corbyn cutting.

"As long as you do the same," Corbyn whispered.

They pulled away and looked back at the fish with their hands still interlocked. It was like this was their closure. The closure they both needed in order to move on. In order to feel like they said their goodbyes.

And something told them and their classmates that they would indeed meet somewhere in the future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi beautiful people! I will not have school this week bc of the virus. So with that being said, I am going to try to write as much as possible and update as much as possible. I can't promise everyday bc we were given work and computers to actually do the work plus I have my job. But I will try my best :)

Speaking of the virus, please please be safe my lovely people. I don't want anything to happen to y'all nor y'all's beautiful souls. Wash your hands, drink plenty of water, and avoid contact with humans (my dream come true).

On that note!

Vote

Comment

And follow me

-Mariana

Ps new book VERY SOON!

I love you all so much 💜🤍