♡︎ Our Own Story ~ Dorbyn ♡︎

Ship(s): Dorbyn (Corbyn and daniel)

Prompt: Corbyn's afraid of love. Always has been since he was little. So when his boyfriend finally says the eight letters, Corbyn's instinct is to runaway. Which he does.

Famous or nah: nah

-3rd person POV-

Corbyn and Daniel sat on the blanket that laid flat on the green grass. The sky beautiful with the sun shining, the birds chirping, and voices heard all around. The picnic date going perfectly. At least that's how every date starts off.

"You'll think we'll live together one day?" Daniel asked his lover as he sat up from his laying position.

"Maybe," Corbyn shrugged his shoulders as he popped a grape into his mouth.

"I can already imagine the rest of our lives together." Daniel admitted as Corbyn's air got caught in his throat. Corbyn coughed a bit in order to cover the loud sharp breath he took once he heard Daniel's statement.

"Me too," Corbyn forced a smile. His panic rising in him. His mind running a million miles an hour.

Corbyn was and always has been afraid of love. Ever since he was little. But nobody could blame him. As he grew up, his perfect picture family grew into his own personal hell. Corbyn grew up surrounded by love but when Corbyn turned ten. His parents changed, he changed, his home life changed. Corbyn's life was changed upside down.

Corbyn's parents went from the most perfect, loving couple to the couple nobody wanted to be around. They became not only toxic for each other but to their own kids as well.

What turned into small fights turned into constantly fighting. Going as far cheating into the other. Some days not coming home to their kids.

Corbyn watched the two people who promised forever, broke their promise as it meant nothing. Corbyn was scared. He watched the two people who were madly in love with each other not even be able to stand in the same room with the other without wanting to kill to the other. Corbyn saw his parents build a life together. Become parents together. Promised to grow old together. Grow into complete strangers who couldn't even say the other's name. So yea, Corbyn was scared of love.

He didn't want the hurt his parents did to each other. Corbyn liked Daniel. And he didn't wanna hurt him. But he also didn't want the hurt that came with falling in love.

Corbyn couldn't wrap his mind around giving his all to someone only to say it's not enough. Corbyn couldn't understand how he could spend his lifetime with someone only for them to one day just decide they no longer love him. Corbyn refused to raise his kids in a broken home. It was something that still traumatized Corbyn. He still blamed himself for his parents' divorce. His parents tried their best not to yell at one another in front of the kids. But in the end, they simply couldn't hold in their anger anymore. They exploded in front of anyone when they felt like it. He refused to let his kids see what he saw when he was just a pre teen.